Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Why do you come here? >

Why do you come here?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Why do you come here?

Old 02-27-2004, 11:35 AM
mez
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Why do you come here?

I come here to learn about the technical side of archery. Most of the regulars on here have forgotten more than I'll ever know about it. I haven't been close to a pro-shop until recently and until then I was self taught. I have learned more on here in the past year and a half than I did the previous 18 being involved in archery. Sometimes I can offer a little help and contribute where I can.
Old 02-27-2004, 12:08 PM

I come here mostly for the technical apsect of new products that are being announced. I'm a lurker mostly and usually end up leaving once the bashing starts. Funny how things can be said on the internet that you would never say to somes face. Actually that isn't funny it is sort of sad.
Old 02-27-2004, 12:19 PM

Cause it's one of the best place's on the internet for technical info about archery. I'm totally addicted to this site. I have to be here at least once a day. It feeds my endless quest for knowage about the workings of the compound. and other archery equip. I go to other bowhunting sites for hunting info. Some sites just for some of the assinine post and additudes some have about bowhunting/archery. The bashing and the insults get hilarious. I may even start some when things get slow over there. But when I need info or help with tuning or Equip I know this is the only place to go. The reason I shoot the equip. I have is because of the knowlege I gained here. It's like having the best pro shop in my kitchen. 99.9% of the posters here are friendly and courtious. Wish I could meet and shoot with some of the technicians that come here and most graciously lend there knowlege to us. I've been hunting for over 30+ years and I've learned more about the technical side of archery in the 4-5 years I've been here then the first 25+ before I founf this site. A few years ago I wouldn't think about working on my bows I went to a pro shop for all my work. Now I won;t let anyone but me touch my bows. So in a nut shell. I like this place. LOL Jerry
Old 02-27-2004, 12:35 PM

A few have posted about the pickering and bashing. I really don't see much at all here. You want to see some insults and bashing I'll give you a couple sites I visit now and then if you want to see bashing. This is tame compared to some. I think some times people have a hard time expressing themselves with a key board. I do at times. Especally in my spelling. All and all I think the poeple here are the most respectful and thoughtful I've seen on the net. Jerry
Old 02-27-2004, 01:23 PM

I started the sport of archery 4 years ago and came to this, and other sites to get some first hand knowledge of bow selection, repair and alignment pointers and all the archery data that would help me in this new sport that I was about to undertake. I must admit that the knowledge that I got off these sites from guys like you, field 14, Matt, and a few other people was something that you just don't allways find in manuals. I will soon be 60 years old and I would never dream of taking my bow to a repair shop for repair. So age isn't a hadicap in learning something new as long as you have the right people teaching. By the way Pa bowhunter, it was you that I Emailed personally for what type of archery equipment to get when I got started, and you took time to get me straightened out. That is why I sometimes get discouraged when I see, what I call experts, leave the sites because somebody ruffles their feathers. I say take it with a grain of salt and move on.
Polack
Old 02-27-2004, 05:23 PM
Typical Buck

I come here to see what equipment the big dogs are useing (you know who you are )
so I can run out and get it to as far as the argueing goes I dont mind it a bit, at least some guys stand up for what they beiieve in be it right or wrong.
Old 02-27-2004, 05:34 PM

I visit this site and others so that I might learn something each day about archery or hunting and to share the process with others.
Old 02-27-2004, 05:53 PM
Fork Horn

"Personally, I enjoy sharing information related to the technical aspects of archery and its equipment with my peers. I believe that the exchange of this information helps to enhance the experience that each one of us gains from participating in the various archery activities."

Yeah Frank I think that's a big part of it. But also a lot of folks that I've been talking to for many years have come here so it's nice to keep that going. Also I think that there are a lot of quality people here that I've met since coming here. As for the problematic posts and attitudes I just completely ignore that, really I hardly even notice it. What's the point?
Old 02-27-2004, 05:59 PM

I've crunched alot of info off these sites into one mean arrow chucking machine [:@] Can you say passthrough?
Old 02-27-2004, 06:44 PM

I come here because it's great to learn and get ideas and share stories and exp. wether it be bad or good.And also this sight seems so much less "clickish" than other sights.At least if I need to know anything majority of the time someone will help me out.

(KNIGHTS OF THE ROUND TABLE)[8D]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.