Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Why do you come here? >

Why do you come here?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Why do you come here?

Old 02-27-2004, 08:35 AM

Default RE: Why do you come here?

For the exchange of information. New products, good and bad, can be researched and I can get 17 different opinions on a product or a system before I spend me money on it.

I started pretty late in the archery/bowhunting scene. Didn't have any family or friends in it until I recruited them so this place has been my surrogate "archery parents"

Any question I ask...I find out what I need to know... and generally inside a day.

That said...I generally stay on the fringe. I just laugh at the people that get so worked up and are such "tough guys" over a internet connection. The ugly is worth it and if I have to wade through some crap ocassionally for this information, so be it. It's still worth it to me.

And for laughs...

Old 02-27-2004, 08:35 AM
Fork Horn

Oh yeah I forgot!! I got paged and couldn't finish........I come here to have access to the most PROFESSIONAL TECHS the internet has to offer.
Old 02-27-2004, 09:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

Frank.

Where else on the net can we go to see pics of you in a mini skirt

But honesty I come here for the same reason as you to share information with my friends and peers.

Also to see whats new and exciting in the world of archery.

There are not too many places around that you can pick the brains of some of the best Bow Tech's (no pun intended) in the business.

The knowledge that is available here is unreal.
Yes sometimes it does get a little heated but that happens everywhere there is a group of people.
Old 02-27-2004, 09:30 AM

Frank- For me- there is a huge difference between me buying a used bow while in high school, buying arrows at k-mart and practicing until I can reasonablly hit something compared to now owning a newer bow, shooting carbon arrows, advanced rests, etc. With those years in between came an understanding that hey there is a problem with my stance, my grip, wrist slap, etc. etc. Back then I couldn't even put a nock on my string. No I can put the rest, sights, level it all up, install a peep, make adjustments to my equipement and shoot some much tighter groups. Still a looong way from knowing nearly what I need to know though. That's were this forum comes in for me. I get to bug you and others and usually get a well thought out, correct, simply explained response that doesn't make me feel as ignorant as I should feel about not knowing!! Enjoy, Juniorpc.
Old 02-27-2004, 09:36 AM

I come on here because I have made some great friends with all of you guys! Sure, there are those guys that make you wonder why you come, and I have taken breaks from this place, but the good shines through on here and there is just too many good people and information on here to let a few bad apples ruin it.

Rack, How many more things do you think I can add to my bow? I need to get my fleece wrist sling and After-burner light for my sight! Other than those though, what are you guys gonna talk me into next?
Old 02-27-2004, 10:03 AM

To bring all you bowtech guys back down to earth

Seriously, I come here to learn about new products, learn technical tips from some of the older guys, and to pass the time.
Old 02-27-2004, 10:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

1. To learn / hear about new products
2. Because I enjoy debating the technical aspects of archery (arguing with DC, ArthurP, et al)
3. Sometimes I get bored and I like to entertain myself with thoughts of things that I enjoy the most (archery/bowhunting)
4. Because I don't have any real friends[&:]
5. To see what RB has come up with next
6. To see Frank's manly calves[:-]
7. Because the is the official Bowtech website, and I am a Bowtech junkie[:-]
Old 02-27-2004, 10:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

I come here mainly for new ideas, to see great pictures, and hear what some of the Illinois bowhunters are doing (when/why/where).

I usually read 2 or 3 posts, then get turned off by all the arguing and leave.
Old 02-27-2004, 11:11 AM
Boone & Crockett

I would like to personally thank all of you for responding to this thread and for contributing to this forum. It has always been a great place to exchange opinions and ideas. It has become a better place to visit as the years have passed and I need to thank each and every one of you for it.

Please, continue to comment. I would like to hear from everyone.
Old 02-27-2004, 11:26 AM

I want to share ALL I HAVE If it helps someone get through the day or through the season, I'm happy. I've learned lots form many on this site also, you're never too old or too good to learn something new

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.