HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-20/)
-   -   Draw length too short...#2, new pics (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical/54219-draw-length-too-short-2-new-pics.html)

Dubbya 02-25-2004 10:25 PM

Draw length too short...#2, new pics

alright guys here are a few more pics tell me what you think.

Dubbya 02-25-2004 10:26 PM

RE: Draw length too short...#2, new pics

another

Dubbya 02-25-2004 10:27 PM

release size

Dubbya 02-25-2004 10:28 PM

and one more

BGfisher 02-25-2004 10:34 PM

Now the drawlegth is definitely too long, at least an inch. And the release still looks long. Looks like you're reaching for the trigger instead of having it back in the crook of the first and second joint. This is usually a pretty well paved lane to a good case of target panic down the road.

PABowhntr 02-26-2004 05:06 AM

Your form looks a little bit better in my opinion but you are still leaning back at full draw. The difference now is that it appears you are bending your arm (more?) which is allowing the string to come back to your nose. Either you adjusted the draw longer and you should not have or you are bending your arm too much as the string looks like it is just a bit too deep "into" your nose.

Again..that is just based on what I can see.

RobVos 02-26-2004 05:36 AM

I think you are at leat an inch too long on the draw length of the bow. You hand appears to be floating. If you look at most top shooters, you will notice that you can draw a line from their peep directly back to their eye and another line from their eye directly down to the nock area of their arrow/bowstring. Another thing is you need to get the front shoulder down a little more and seated into the socket.

silentassassin 02-26-2004 06:18 AM

You appear to be bending your arm too much now. Also, in the second picture you seem to be leaning your head over toward your string, instead of keeping your head erect and bringing the string back to you. If you would point at something eye level at the opposing wall it would also be easier to tell. You are leaning back some and you need to work on that. You want your eyes right over your hips and you want your hips right over your feet. Your hand is also floating as Rob mentioned. You should lock the release hand into your face ( I anchor the knuckle on my index finger right behind my jawbone). This will give you another solid anchor and help you increase consistency. You still look pretty stretched out on that release too. JMOs

Pinwheel 12 02-26-2004 06:20 AM

Too many things I see that are incorrect in that pic--you need some hands-on guidance with your form and setup, and that isn't going to come from a messageboard system with ten-billion differing opinions from guys of varying levels of ability--- half of which will do you absolutely no good anyway, sorry.

If you are truely serious, find a REPUTABLE Pro-shop and/or tech/certified instructor. Pay the money, learn correct form and setup for best potential as it's worth every penny. Dean Prigdon for instance is from somewhere in Oklahoma, look him up for tips. Master coach, former champion, great guy. Good shooting, Pinwheel 12

silentassassin 02-26-2004 06:31 AM

Pinwheel,

What if he can't find a coach or afford a coach? You think maybe there is a possibility he might pick up something on this message board that will help him. Is he going to walk away from one session of huntingbbs advice and clean Vegas? I sincerely doubt it. However, if he picks up anything that works for him he is better off than he was. I agree with you that he would be better off with a personal coach, but so would 99.9% of the people that ever picked up archery equipment. It just isn't feasible or possible for some of us.