Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Slick Trick Broadheads >

Slick Trick Broadheads

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Slick Trick Broadheads

Old 02-19-2004, 01:47 PM

Default Slick Trick Broadheads

Anyone have any experience with these? Do they really fly like field points? Is there any problem with 4 blade broadheads not flying true, since there is an extra blade that is not lined up with the fletching?
Do you think these broadheads and other compact varieties(Rocket Ultimate Steel) could balance and be shot with 3 inch fletching like found on 3-d arrows for increased speed?
Old 02-19-2004, 02:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Slick Trick Broadheads

5shot rated the slick tricks very high in his testing. Every other anecdotal report I remember reading on them has been favorable as well.

As for the 4 blade/3 fletch myth, it's, uh, a myth

I think the smaller profile heads would allow one to get away with smaller vanes, but in my opinion 4" feathers would be a better choice. More control, less weight hence more speed if that's what you're looking for...
Old 02-19-2004, 02:35 PM
Boone & Crockett

I got some a few weeks ago and all I did was screw them on and spin tested them. I went to the range and they did, in fact, hit exactly where my field tips did. There is no way for the blades to come out and the furrell is solid steel. I don't think there is a tougher fixed blade head out there right now.

I know that as long as I have these I won't buy another alluminum head.

I was impressed to say the least. I can't waith to put one through an elk next season. Hopefully!

Oh yeah, There is no possible way that you can get the blades of any head to fly through the same air as the fletchings. There is no truth, what so ever, to that myth. If it makes you feel better about yourself then go for it but it never has, nor ever will, make any differance in arrow flight.

The one thing, besides spin testing a broad head, that could make a difference in arrow flight is to orient the broadhead so that it is attached to the arrow with the same orientation to the other broadheads not the fletchings.
Old 02-19-2004, 02:35 PM

I have the rockets and would not shoot them with 3" fletch.

If you are talking feathers - what is the weight diff between 3" and 4"?...........a few grns..........1fps diff in speed.

And if you are talking vanes - just switch to feathers and you will save 15 to 20 grns.

They fly well - they do not fly like a field point - they need to be tuned like any fixed head to fly well.

Oh......Welcome
Old 02-19-2004, 06:56 PM
Fork Horn

After many years of using Muzzy's I bought some Slick Tricks last summer. I shot all summer with them to try them out, and they one awesome broadhead. They fly just as advertised, Perfect! Just as the post said above they are made of steel, and have a good blade retention system. Their accuracy is better than ANY broadhead I have ever tried.NO wild flyers with these babies! I shot 3 whitetail, and a 400 pound black bear last season with the same broadhead just changed blades. 4 pass throughs, and blood trails a blind man could follow. I wished I would have tried these years ago, and avoided the switch to mechanicals that I tried. Disaster it was. I am confident that if you invest the $20 and try these, you will end up hunting with them, No doubt in my mind. A lot my friends switched to them also after seeing how well they flew.
Old 02-19-2004, 10:23 PM

i ordered some last year and fell in love with them----they fly like darts as long as they are aligned to the shaft.i got great customer service also---they sent me a pack because they was not able to take credit card payment and trusted me to send them the money later or send them back.thats is unheard of these days! i sent them there money on my word and promise that i would because they flew and performed just as they said they would---but most of all because they trusted me! you wont go wrong.
Old 02-20-2004, 07:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Everytime I hear about these, invariably someone posts that they make a huge hole and produce great blood trails, very positive attributes to be sure.

Just curious about actual entrance and exit hole size, are they bigger than the 1" cutting diameter of the heads? I know my b-i-l used the Wasp Boss Bullets this past fall, harvesting a 2 1/2 year old 9 point and 2 does with great success, but he said the holes they left were small, with minimal blood trails. I'm having a hard time imagining how these two heads performance can be so disimilar with such a close design. I've considered shot angle, placement, etc, but they were all excellent on his deer, and I would have suspected more...
Old 02-20-2004, 07:44 AM

the heads look and fly great but the hook up of the blade to the ferral
some times will not tighten up. i know on all the ones i shot deer with
witch was 5 they were not damaged and when i put replacement blades in
them they all would not tighten up. so it seems to me after 1 use they are useless! and they also have a little bit of flight noise. but they do the job!
Old 02-20-2004, 08:45 AM
Fork Horn

I think the reason they leave such a big hole is the angle of the blades, but I could be wrong. The cutting diameter is 1 1/8 inches. The first couple times I assembled the heads I noticed that the blades didnt lock in as pooreboy said. the problem was I did not have the blades properly engaged in tip of the ferrule. This happened a couple of times because I didnt take my time installing them. Also if you get dirt or debri in the top of the ferrule afyter shooting them I will not allow the blades to seat in. I harvested 4 animals with the same head, so I disagree that they are useless after 1 use, that is crazy. I will be using that same head this year on my spring bear hunt. 5-Shots report also stated that the entrance and exit holes were huge with the Slick Trick. Gary is a super guy to deal with, and does things that the archery stores would not when purchasing from them.
Try them you will not be disappointed.
Old 02-20-2004, 08:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

I used them this past season with great results. Very accurate, they fly great. Great price too. Give em' a try.

Quick Reply: Slick Trick Broadheads

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.