Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Interesting new Savage Archery stuff... >

Interesting new Savage Archery stuff...

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Interesting new Savage Archery stuff...

Old 02-12-2002, 02:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Interesting new Savage Archery stuff...

Received the 2002 Savage catalouge, a few interesting items this year...

#1 is a thing called the Consisti-Grip. It's a two finger loop thing-a-ma-jig that kinda reminds me of brass knuckles... You put it on the front of the bow riser, and when you take your grip, with gloves on or not, your hand is in the exact same place every time, eliminating grip related torque and accuracy issues, so they say. Supposed to replace a bow sling... $16 for composite, $21 for aluminum...

#2 is a thing they call a power stroke system. It replaces your cable rod and slider assembly, it increases the efficiency of your cable system by re-positioning and slightly restricting the cables at full draw, addind "an easy 8-10 fps". Not sure if it would work with a Muzzy ZE, but they have a nice shot of it with their drop away... Can be purchased with their rests or they sell it alone as a universal add on kit for $40.

I'm confident none of this is on their still being updated after 5 months website, but it will be interesting to see how these things pan out in the real world...
Old 02-12-2002, 05:07 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Interesting new Savage Archery stuff...

Thanks for the info Rangeball...we are going to need to get you a scanner so you can post some pics of this stuff...
Old 02-13-2002, 08:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Interesting new Savage Archery stuff...

While your at it Frank, go ahead and make it one of those all in one jobbies, that prints, copies, scans and faxes...

I don't have a scanner at home, and I usually post from work, so doing it from here would be difficult...

I checked their website, on the home page, that has the same "site being updated" message that's been there for eons, they've got a link proudly exclaiming "THE NEW 2002 CATALOUGES ARE HERE!" which can be clicked on to order one. I have no idea why it's so difficult for them to update the site, since obviously they new what the new stuff was gonna be a long time ago when the started assembling the catalouge for production. There's just no excuse I'll buy in this day and age to justify this typical action by many manufacturers. I'll keep my eyes out for a cut and paste pic, but please don't hold your breath...