Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

XI bows??

Old 02-16-2004, 11:23 AM

Default XI bows??

A buddy ( a very cheap and not that into archery buddy) is looking at a used bow from a buddy's sister's cousin's dog's great uncle or something and he asked me about it....XI archery. I told him I had heard of it and that's all I know.

Anyone know...Still around or out of business?
Can he get any work done and find parts if necesarry or not worth the time? Where are they from or any other usefull info would be appreciated.

Thanks
Old 02-16-2004, 11:27 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: XI bows??

The last I heard was that they were out of business for the second time....but that was via the rumor mill.

They went "out of production" for a couple years and then came back onto the scene with "online purchasing only". The bows also mysteriously looked alot like some of the low priced PSE models..... I guess that did not work out.
Old 02-16-2004, 11:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

XI was around for quite awhile. Miles Keller was their front man for a spell. Seems like I heard somebody bought them out, but I can't remember who...
Old 02-16-2004, 04:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

XI is done,they had too many warranty problems and got a really bad reputation that they just couldn't overcome.

Scary part is they were made about 20 minutes from my house and that is the same company that bought Bear out.Hope they do better this go round than the last couple.

I am almost 100% sure this is the present situation.
Old 02-16-2004, 06:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

TFOX is right. They went out of the retail business about 1996. Sold strictly internet for a few years and then closed the doors.
Old 02-16-2004, 09:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

Can someone please tell me the name of the darn company.This is bugging the crap out of me.I know it but it just isn't coming out of the deepest part of my brain.

I had a friend that worked for them and they make all kinds of stuff,like ping pong tables and such.
Old 02-16-2004, 09:40 PM

Sorry Tfox...no idea. Sounds like this is exactly what he's looking for though
Old 02-17-2004, 07:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

You're not thinking of Voit are you, TFOX? Not that I know they had anything to do with XI, but I can't think of any other recreational products company that got into archery, right at the moment.
Old 02-17-2004, 08:02 AM
Fork Horn

Escalade Sports
Old 02-17-2004, 07:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Escalade Sports for sure. They are the proud marketers of the Bear/Jennings line now.

Quick Reply: XI bows??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.