Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 What's the new hot hunting bow this year? >

What's the new hot hunting bow this year?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

What's the new hot hunting bow this year?

Old 02-16-2004, 12:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What's the new hot hunting bow this year?

Hawgz is a mathews guy, you can't pay any attention to him
Old 02-16-2004, 05:05 PM

Mathews or Bowtech, HMMMMMMMM, Lets get ready to RUMBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! []

Probably going to have to take a poll!!
Old 02-16-2004, 05:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had a nice long post typed up and I just deleted it all. Sometimes it's just not worth it if you know what I mean.

It seems like perfectly good threads always get ruined by trash talkers at some point, kind of like this one...
Old 02-16-2004, 06:08 PM

As far as I am concerned a bow is a bow as long as you are happy and comfortable with it and it works for you, but you are always are going to have the competition out there saying ones better than the other.Personally I really don't care one way or the other. I have had my same bow for over 8 years. I have looked at bowtech and mathews and they both are really nice bows, same with the merlins and parkers, sometimes it just comes down to personal preference or even drawing a name out of a hat!!
Old 02-16-2004, 09:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Amen Robinhood, I don't care if you are a paid employee, prostaffer, hunter, target shooter or just play around in the back yard. Pick up a bow and shoot the darn thing. I don't care if a bow is the worst seller of the year. If I can hit the target with it consistantly, then it is a good one. I think the ones that are bashing the others on here sound like a bunch of old ladies at bingo night. "thats my marker" NO."its mine" Come on. Whats the deal? If all the threads keep ending up like this one I will have more time for practicing for sure.
Old 02-16-2004, 09:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

You know what is strange?I have shot with some of the best 3-d archers in the world.(ASA competitions)I have even had supper with one that shoots for Hoyt and set a world record last year.They all have one thing in common.They never have anything bad to say about another bow manufactuer.They always point out the good.I am sure a lot of it is political but much more is respect.Respect for the person shooting the equipment and for the companies producing the product.

Maybe that is what upset me so much about the Mathews adds last year.Oh well,that is another subject that has been beat to death.[&:]

Back to the question. I believe the Vipertec and Xtec are going to be big along with the Outback.I don't know what it is but Bowtech in this area just isn't catching on YET.It is a matter of time and they will.The shop I shoot for just picked them up this year and he sells a lot of bows so maybe he will be able to spread the word.I think part of it was the previous dealer but I am not sure.
Old 02-17-2004, 02:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

TFOX:
You know what is strange?I have shot with some of the best 3-d archers in the world.(ASA competitions)I have even had supper with one that shoots for Hoyt and set a world record last year.They all have one thing in common.They never have anything bad to say about another bow manufactuer.They always point out the good.I am sure a lot of it is political but much more is respect.Respect for the person shooting the equipment and for the companies producing the product.
I agree with this completely. Some people (you know who you are) are not happy unless they're trying to push buttons and stir up trouble. Some people just never have anything of merit to add, so they get their "attention" by smelling the place up. I'll keep the rest to myself.[:@]
I see the Liberty, Xtec, and Outback as the bows people will be looking to shoot in 04. All are good bows and will serve their owners well. There are others but, IMO, these are the hot bows for 04.
Old 02-17-2004, 04:35 AM

I own 4 CSS model bows, a LX, and I'm getting a 38 Special from Mcpherson, and shot several other bows. least hand shock-mathews, best aiming and most forgiving least amount of machine torque-css, Pearson's that I shot were really fast and forgiving and easy to shoot for most anybody, priced good too. Parkers about the same with Mathews just a bit slower fps in some models.

Don't have any favorite bows any more, each have there own there own feel. I'm thinking some of the underdog bows have a better feel to them than some of the big dog's.
If I had to buy a new bow I would not turn my back on the "lower profile" bows out there.
I own a 12000 sqare foot shop with 3 shooting ranges so I get to play with a lot of bows and set ups.
Old 02-17-2004, 06:18 AM
Fork Horn

I have checked out several new bows that i think will fit in this catagory.
I have checked out the Xtec, vipertec, justice, liberty, all very nice bows!
Also checked out the outback, ( my local dealer was touting this bow as the greatest )
It did not impress me ,( string suppressors and roller guard [:'(])
Still waiting for the dealer to get the new darton maverick , and another dealer to get the MaxXtreme in to shoot.
Those are the bows ,that i think will be hot this year.
Old 02-17-2004, 07:41 AM

It seems like perfectly good threads always get ruined by trash talkers at some point, kind of like this one...
Some people (you know who you are) are not happy unless they're trying to push buttons and stir up trouble. Some people just never have anything of merit to add, so they get their "attention" by smelling the place up
Not sure if these comments were aimed towards me or not, I'm sure they are. I do not consider myself a trash talker and I do not like to stir up trouble, and I think some of the regulars can vouch for that. I was simply responding to a post about why all you hear about on this board is Bowtech this Bowtech that. AND the number one reason for that is you have people who are affiliated with Bowtech and consistently push, push, push. Everyone can see it, not many have the b**** to say it. I did. The reason everyone got all pissy was b/c of my reference to being on the payroll. I admit, payroll was a bad term to use, how about "party of interest".

Quick Reply: What's the new hot hunting bow this year?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.