Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Left Handed Bows >

Left Handed Bows

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Left Handed Bows

Old 02-12-2002, 07:17 AM

Default Left Handed Bows

Can anyone give me a run down of all the manufactures that make left handed bows.

I'm switching because of an eye dominance problem.

So far, I've checked both the the big un's, Hoyt and Mathews. I shot a Cybertec, and like it alot. I even plunked some money down on it. But, before I spend the rest of my moldy money, i'd like to look at some others.

thanks for any info.

Only Hoyt
Old 02-12-2002, 07:48 AM

Default RE: Left Handed Bows

Most mfrs. make left handed bows. The problem is finding a proshop that stocks left hand bows to test! I am a lefty and shoot Dartons, but have shot Mathews, Martin, Jennings products all of whom make nice bows. The best shop that I know of in your area is Macrotech in Baltimore, MD. Len stocks a lot of bows from about maybe 15 mfrs. Give him a call at 410-786-7777 it maybe worth the trip to you. I'm sure that he has some left hand bows to shoot, he has anywhere from 300-500 bows in stock at a time depending on the season.

Aim Hard!
Old 02-12-2002, 11:17 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-12-2002, 03:01 PM

Welcome to the board. Have you tried Champion??
Old 02-12-2002, 10:49 PM

Welcome to the Forum. I am a lefty and shoot a custom made Bowman. Stewart Bowman makes them one at a time in Phoenix. If that appeals to you send me an email and I will line you up with him.
Old 02-12-2002, 11:24 PM

I'm also a lefty, I shoot a Q2XL by Mathews and love it. It's stable, no recoil and backed with a lifetime warranty. They are expensive, but what isn't in archery? All my bolt-action rifles are lefty as well, so I'm used to dropping a few more dollars to get what works. The good thing about being a lefty is that most other people aren't, therefore they can't shoot your bow.
Old 02-12-2002, 11:39 PM

Have a look here:

http://www.altservices.co.uk/alternative/exact.htm
It may not be seriously what you want, but it would be the perfect bow for someone who could not make up their mind, or was ambi.
Old 02-13-2002, 05:54 AM

Thanks for the info guys.

I"ve pretty much made up my mind. I went back to the shop yesterday, and they just got a left handed Cybertec in for another guy. He was there, and he let me to shoot it for a bit. It's just one awesome bow.

I plunk down some money, and it should be here in 3 weeks.

Thanks again

Only Hoyt
Old 02-13-2002, 10:06 PM

Why does somebody that signs Only Hoyt want to ask about all the other manufacturers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????????
Old 02-14-2002, 05:40 AM

BigBob....

I was trying to keep an open mind on selecting a bow.

Even though I have shot Hoyt bows for the last several years, I by no means am totally closed to buying another brand of bow.

Last night, I drove almost an hour to go look at yet another pro shop. He carried Champion, Bowtech, and a few others. He had a left handed Champion, and a few others. I did not find one that felt right in my hand.

I'm still not done looking either. I have my Cybertec on order, but you never know, I might find a better bow. I'm constantly looking for the "next" bow I'm going to purchase.

Buy the way, Champion makes one heck of a bow for the money.

Only Hoyt

Quick Reply: Left Handed Bows

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.