Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 2004 Bowtech Dually owners >

2004 Bowtech Dually owners

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

2004 Bowtech Dually owners

Old 02-12-2004, 03:30 PM

Default 2004 Bowtech Dually owners

Now that you guys have had a little time with your 2004 Dually bows, If you had owned a 2003 dual cam Bowtech do you notice any difference in the draw cycle. My 2003 Pro 40 although a great bow is a bear to draw for a 70 lb bow and Im no lightweight. When I draw my old hatchet cam High Country (also 70 lbs ) side by side the Bowtech feels at least 10 lbs heavier. Every answer I hear has kind of dodged the question. I guess what I want to know is if this is by far still the hardest drawing bow in its weight class. Also mine was not the easiest to let down when an animal did not present a shot while still keeping the arrow on the string. Let me know what you think as I have always liked the dual cam bows.
Thanks
BD
Old 02-12-2004, 04:13 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: 2004 Bowtech Dually owners

Dually,

A very interesting question. I am potentially just days away from buying a new 04 Patriot dually. and was wondering the same thing. Although I am looking at a 60# max, I will be switching over from a Patriot single cam that I have been shooting at 67#. My intention is to go down to 60# and come close to maintaining the performance I currently have. Will pulling the new dually at say 59# or 60# be equal in effort to the 67# single?? If so, it doesn't really look like I will be able to acheive my goal to shoot less draw weight (perceived or otherwise) and stay at or near the performance level I'm currently at with this bow. I have a dually coming with the option of not taking it if I don't like it, so I won't be out anything. If I get to shoot the bow soon, I will post back my findings. BTW I have shot the 03 Patriot dually and it did feel stiff for a 61# draw (verified on a scale). I have heard the 04 dually's are supposed to be a little smoother. Hopefully that is true.

I will be following this post with great interest.

MN_BOWHUNTER
Old 02-12-2004, 10:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

Dually

I will be recieving my new 2004 Patriot dually 60# as well in the next few day's I have been shooting the 2003 in the mean time and yes it's not exactly the easiest bow I ever tried to let down .My biggest thought is that you really need a solid anchor point and concentration is a must when shooting the dually hopefully I'll have a comparison for you soon on the draw cycle.

nubo
Old 02-13-2004, 12:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have had my black Knight now for a couple of weeks.

The one thing I will tell you this bow is a shooter it just stacks them in there at any distance.

By the looks of the cams they have gone back to the same geometry as the 02 BK's I did compare them to an 03 BK and an 02 BK.
The draw cycle is stout but very smooth picks up the weight early and keeps it through out the draw.
It has about 1/2" of valley and if you are not careful you will bounce off the back wall.

On the shot for such a powerful bow this thing is quite with just the factory hush kit and vibrablocks.
Very little to no hand shock or vibration.

Did I say it was deadly accurate and just a pleasure to shoot.
Old 02-13-2004, 03:06 PM

Thats good to here Ausie, I currently have a 02 BK2 and considering getting a P-40 dually. I like the draw cycle on my 02 BK stout but smooth and shoots good, to boot.
Old 02-13-2004, 03:11 PM

Stop it! You guys are gonna make me go out and buy me one!!!! AAAAAAAAAHH!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-13-2004, 03:20 PM

bow_huntr, Yeah but you will get a better price if you buy two of them
Old 02-13-2004, 04:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shot an 03 P40 Dually last year for 3D at 57#. I have an 04 for this year. The new one is much smoother, quieter, and faster. The valley is a smidge narrower, but not so as to make any difference. The brace height is also 1/4" lower. Overall it's an improved bow when compared to last year's. Balance is better, and I like the grip. For what it's worth: I was shooting a Techno Hunt yesterday. Speed is measured at 20 yds. With a 320 gr arrow at 60#, 29" it was showing 293-295. To answer your question, I think a 60# Dually will be as fast as a 70# single, apples to apples. A 60# Dually is no harder to draw than a 70# single. Easier than most, IMO. The 70# Duallys are stout. But I see no reason to shoot more than 60# with one of them. My 03 Patriot Dually shoots a 375 gr arrow 288, 29" draw.
Old 02-13-2004, 05:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

The 70# Duallys are stout. But I see no reason to shoot more than 60# with one of them.
Many people ask me why I shoot over 70# of draw weight. My response to that is I prefer to shoot a heavier arrow at greater speeds to increase KE. Since I only hunt and do not shoot competively, the extra draw weight is not as big of a concern to me. I can comfortably shoot 70+# of draw weight. True you can match the speed of a 70# bow with a 60# bow, but for hunting I prefer to have that extra punchthat I get by being able to shoot a heavier arrow faster.
Old 02-13-2004, 10:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

The cold isn't such a concern in your neck of the woods. If you can handle a 70# Dually, it only gets faster. The KE and momentum these bows produce at 70# should be against the law.

Quick Reply: 2004 Bowtech Dually owners

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.