Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 2004 Bowtech Dually owners >

2004 Bowtech Dually owners

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

2004 Bowtech Dually owners

Old 02-13-2004, 11:17 PM
CWB

Default RE: 2004 Bowtech Dually owners

I just got my new 04 Patriot Dually today. The pull is a little smoother than last years but the valley is pretty short. As long as you keep good back tension it is no problem. I thought about going to a single cam but after shooting them, I found out I shoot the duallys better. I had a Pro 40 dually last year. My Patriot dually is 60lbs. @ 29 inches. It was shooting a 345 grain arrow 299 fps and a 365 grain arrow 292 fps, this was with a peep installed on the string as well as string silencers. It was shooting really good! the arrows were smoking! I do not see why anyone would need to shoot 70 lbs with a dually. Unless you like burying your arrow 12 inches in the dirt on the other side of the deer instead of just 6 inches!!!
Old 02-14-2004, 06:27 AM

The frustrating thing for dual cam lovers is that most manafactures try to always make theDual cam their speedbow, while I enjoy speed as much as anyone I would also like to see them offer a Dually with the same speed as their single cams and easier drawing charachteristics for those of us that would chose a dual cam over a single cam of similar performance. I guess it's that time of year in the NorthEast when theres nothing better to do than bitch about whats not available.
BD
Old 02-14-2004, 06:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

The new duals are better than last year , but do have a bit less valley. Some people will love them, some will hate them. If you don't have your draw length truly correct you will find out real quick But if you dial it in and draw with your back like you are supposed to, it's very easy to get used to..at least it was in my case.

But I do like the new cams much better; A bit smoother, the bows are noticeably quieter, less recoil & vibe, no cam-lean, etc. Overall a big improvement.

The Black Knight believe it or not was the smoothest drawing of the dual cam models, due to where the cams are positioned at rest.

As for a softer alternative, there is always the Pro 40 wheel bow, which is quite smooth and still has a very good wall (and is no slouch speed-wise) I'd like to see that cam on some other bows as well.
Old 02-14-2004, 06:54 PM

BowTechDually, maybe there's a Patriot VFT Wheely in your future for '05
Old 02-14-2004, 09:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

BowTech Dually:

I recently replaced a 2001 Pro 38 Dual Cam with a 2003 Pro 40 Wheely. The difference in draw is very pronounced. The old bow kept peak weight almost all the way back, then dropped off really fast into a very narrow valley. The Wheely hits peak early, then drops off a bit for most of the draw, and rolls smoothly into a nice valley for a hunting bow, IMO. The Wheely certainly is not as fast, but you can probably draw more weight to make up for some of the difference. I am very pleased with the bow.

I agree, Russ, that a Patriot VFT Wheely would be a very nice hunter, and all around bow. BUT...

What about a Patriot VFT with a Hybrid Cam and interchangable modules for a Wheely/Freedom cam type draw, and an Infinity Cam type draw with the same cam set? I can see that one keeping Mr. Strother busy designing, and then the factory busy keeping up with sales!
Old 02-14-2004, 09:44 PM

Me thinks BowTech should open up a custom shop!!!! Heck we'll just design our own bows and they can just tell us how much to write the check out for[&:]
I'll take a 35 1/2 inch Patriot VFT Harmony in 70 pound and 29 inch draw
Old 02-14-2004, 09:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm getting itchy now ,I know it's coming, should be soon ,maybe Monday or Tues ,oh I can't wait for my Patriot dually .

nubo
Old 02-16-2004, 10:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: JOE PA

BowTech Dually:

I recently replaced a 2001 Pro 38 Dual Cam with a 2003 Pro 40 Wheely.....
Where you been Jeff? I was getting worried about you... with what went on a few months back..
Old 02-16-2004, 12:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Jeff:

As far as the surgery and recovery, things are going great. I'm ahead of schedule in most ways, and am working out again to get strength back.

As far as not posting, I got the impression that I might not be professional enough to use this forum. Wanted to cut down on the misinformation and stupid questions.[8D]
Old 02-22-2004, 02:24 AM
Super Moderator

Darn guys, I was about to buy an '03 Pro 40 Dually I found, but now I am having second thoughts after reading your posts.

Quick Reply: 2004 Bowtech Dually owners

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.