HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-20/)
-   -   Easton Axis Users Please Reply (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical/51777-easton-axis-users-please-reply.html)

BHunter32 02-03-2004 07:12 AM

Easton Axis Users Please Reply

I am thinking of trying the new axis arrows and need some help. I have tried to find the chart for these shafts with no luck. I am going to be shooting a hoyt xtec at 67 pounds with the cam 1/2.I have a 29 inch draw, shoot a release and will use 100 grain fixed blade heads. I cut my arrows to 30 inches and use 3, 4 inch duravanes. What size do I need? Also, will I be able to get clearance using these vanes fletched at 4 degrees and still use a shoot through type rest? I have thought about trying a drop away, but like things simple. Thanks, Bhunter32.

JeffB 02-03-2004 07:16 AM

RE: Easton Axis Users Please Reply

BH32,

Clearance will likely be an issue.

340's should be fine, spine-wise. 400's will be too weak at that length and the C.5 likes a stiff arrow as is. 300s' should work fine too, but 340's would be my choice.

CBM SC 02-03-2004 07:18 AM

The charts are on the Easton website ! The all carbons are grouped together and the sizes are listed. If you scroll down below the chart the grouping is listed ....including the Axis.

I just ordered some 340's last week for my LX .....hopefully they'll get here soon !! ;)

How do you like the Hoyt ?

Easton says 300's ???? Jeff is probably right though !!

BHunter32 02-03-2004 09:15 AM

Thanks for the replies guys. JeffB, how many gpi is the 340 shafts? I am waiting on the xtec, just ordered it recently. I have shot mathews for years, but just didn't really like what they are offering this year. Anyway, what better way to be involved in the mathews and hoyt battle than to have one of both.:DIf ya can't beat em' own both of them.[:-]. Any rest suggestions for the xtec? Keep the replies comin. Thanks, Bhunter32.

CBM SC 02-03-2004 09:25 AM

340's are about 9.5 gpi !

Deleted User 02-03-2004 09:47 AM

[Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

JeffB 02-03-2004 11:04 AM

There are ways around the drop-away rest issue, but you may not like them.

1) Switch to a vane that has a very narrow width base, like Flex-Fletch

2) Feathers have a more narrow base width as well

3) Go to a straight fletch w/ the new NAP quik-spin vanes

But my 1st recommendation is to invest in a quality drop-away rest.

Orions_Bow 02-03-2004 01:34 PM

The 340's you can also go to www.eastonarchery.com & download a pdf file of their catalog & shaft charts.

hdsanders 02-03-2004 02:53 PM

I would suggest a drop away with the Axis arrows as well. Fletch clearance is going to be an issue.

TFOX 02-03-2004 03:45 PM

I agree with all.A drop away would be a wise move.

Don't get too cought up in the simple thing.Some drop aways are almost as simple as as standard rest.There is a string and a spring and stop.That's it,most standard rest have a spring and a stop,and the spring is counted on to hold the arrow up,the spring on a drop away just ensures the rest will fall.The most critical thing is the string being served in properly and some dropaways eliminate that by utilizing the cable slide to hold the string.