Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Timing the 04 MM >

Timing the 04 MM

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Timing the 04 MM

Old 01-31-2004, 11:00 AM

Default Timing the 04 MM

I see my 04 mighty mite don't have the timing marks on the cam. So i assume you measure from the limb to the module screw? If so, what is that number?
Thanks.............fishon
Old 02-01-2004, 07:51 PM

Default RE: Timing the 04 MM

TTT.
Old 02-01-2004, 08:36 PM
Fork Horn

Fish

Without the manual, which probably hasn't been printed yet, it would be guessig at what the measurement would be from the limb to the module screw. I'll throw in my 2 cents, hopefully it helps you. You could try the following procedure. I have used this to tune/time several single cam bows and it works well. You should start with the bow measuring at spec, meaning the axle to axle should be at or very close to the advertised measurement, as well as the brace height. The limb bolts should be maxed when measuring. If the measurements are at the advertised lengths, and the limb bolts maxed, the bow should be pulling at or sightly above the max draw weight. Set the nocking point at square or slightly above and shoot through paper. If it tears low, the timimg is off and you will need to twist the cable shorter. If it tears high, the timing is off, take twists out of the cable. When you get it close you should reset the nock to sqaure or slightly above and reshoot through paper. Once you get the bow shooting a good hole with the nocking point set at or slightly above square, the bow is in time. Mark the cam and finish your tuning. I use reflective tape to mark the cam on my Patriot.

I hope this helps.

MN_BOWHUNTER
Old 02-01-2004, 09:15 PM

Thanks for the reply mn bow

My 03 pat has the cam marked and was surprised that the 04 mm was'nt. Don't really matter. Thanks for the tip. I'll try that tomorrow......fishon
Old 02-02-2004, 04:55 AM
Boone & Crockett

fish,

I don't have the factory recommended measurement but I will take a measurement on my MM VFT when I get home later today. I put my own timing marks on the cam when it first arrived and the cam has not yet moved....so the distance should still be the same.
Old 02-02-2004, 07:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: fishon01

I see my 04 mighty mite don't have the timing marks on the cam. So i assume you measure from the limb to the module screw? If so, what is that number?
Thanks.............fishon

.294" from the edge of the limb to the edge of the module screw hole nearest the limb.
Old 02-02-2004, 07:36 AM
Boone & Crockett

I guess that saves me the trouble...
Old 02-02-2004, 10:23 AM

Thanks guy's ! That answer's my ??...........fishon
Old 02-02-2004, 12:34 PM

fish on does the mighty mite have one limb locking bolt per limb cup or two per limb cup i have one per limb cup
Old 02-02-2004, 12:49 PM

Just one
I'm glad you asked, cause i just looked to double check, and noticed the bottom bolt was about to fall out![] I put limb savers on , and it quited it down alot. But last few day's noticed it getting louder. Hopefully that was the noise. Thanks for the heads up.............fishon

Quick Reply: Timing the 04 MM

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.