Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

40 yard shot

Old 02-03-2004, 03:19 PM

Default RE: 40 yard shot

know this will piss off some but you shouldn't feel guilty about not finding a deer. They are out of control in a lot of areas and they never go to waste. Racoons, foxes and buzzards have to eat as well.

[:@] And we wonder why hunters have a bad rap in many areas of the country.

Fieldmouse, losing a wounded animal should make you sick to your stomach, if not, you are not a true sportsman, definitely not a good bowhunter, and an all around sh!tty person.
Old 02-03-2004, 03:27 PM
Dominant Buck

As I told you it would piss some of you off but, it's the bumper or the bow. Truth be told I don't unless it has mega mass or it's bambi. Even bambi I don't care for anymore. When you see dozens of deer 20 yds away every hunt they are out of control. Something needs to be done.
Old 02-03-2004, 03:34 PM

It is a shame that there are still people out there archery hunting that don't even know what the sport is all about. Try a gun for your 40, 50 yard shots. My grandmother has as much chance of hitting a moving target at 50 yds as you do and she passed away 15 years ago. If you don't know how to get within 20 yds. sell your bow and buy a gun. Try getting within 20 yds. and maybe you will understand what this great sport is all about.
Old 02-03-2004, 06:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

i think that a deer at 40 yards wouldnt be as likely 2 jump the string as a deer at 20 yards away. this is b/c the deer is father away so the sound is not as much of a threat as the sounds would be at 10 or 20 yards.
elkcrazy is right about the stick though.....so just make sure u have a couple of clear shooting lanes
Old 02-03-2004, 06:19 PM

ORIGINAL: Fieldmouse

I know this will piss off some but you shouldn't feel guilty about not finding a deer. They are out of control in a lot of areas and they never go to waste. Racoons, foxes and buzzards have to eat as well.
You are probably the worst hunter that I have heard of.[:@] It's sad you choose to act this way. I was practicing and shot 1 out of 8 shots 6 inches away out of the group. Did I go out and hunt? NO!!! I practiced till I could put that shot in the group. If I shot a deer and couldn't find it, then I would feel extremely bad. I would not stop looking. You are the kind of person that gives hunters bad names. You obviously hunt for sport cause you said you wouldn't worry about finding it unless it has a "mega mass". Also If you needed meat then you wouldn't stop looking for it. I wouldn't care if I got a buck or doe. I hunt for meat. I suggest you clean up your act or get off this forum. It is a bow hunters form, not a "I don't care if I find it or not deer form". [:@]
Old 02-03-2004, 06:20 PM

It can also start to walk in the time needed for the arrow to get to the deer. Just my opinion.
Old 02-03-2004, 10:54 PM
Dominant Buck

You miss my point. I guess you havn't slept for days after that first deer you couldn't find. Give me a break. I never said don't look for the deer nor did I say take a foolish shot. All I said was take the shot you feel comfortable with. Bottom line the deer are out of control in many areas. They are killed in huge numbers by the cars on the street. Even those don't go to waste because the critters eat them too. I frankly only hunt huge mass and hunt where I will see mass every time out. I can get meat any day of the week. I just assume donate to Hunters for the Hungry. I toy with the deer beneath me. It's fun to grunt at them as they bed beneath me or drop something on their head. That seems to freak them out. But when I shoot, I drop'em.
Old 02-04-2004, 05:23 AM

Drop something on their head. LOL
Old 02-04-2004, 06:56 AM

40 yards shot are ok if you are skilled at shooting broadhead tipped arrows at that distance & you take every oppourtunity to make sure you take a good shot.

It's all in your skills & your ability to make that shot. Can I say it is ok for you to take a 40 yard shot.....no I can not. You have to base that on your shooting skills & what you feel is right.
Old 02-04-2004, 10:36 AM

It is a shame that there are still people out there archery hunting that don't even know what the sport is all about. Try a gun for your 40, 50 yard shots. My grandmother has as much chance of hitting a moving target at 50 yds as you do and she passed away 15 years ago. If you don't know how to get within 20 yds. sell your bow and buy a gun. Try getting within 20 yds. and maybe you will understand what this great sport is all about.
I know an old timer that wont take a shot over 10 yds. He would call you an unethical slob for shooting twice as far as HE THINKS you are suppose to shoot. He would also say you do not understand what bowhunting is all about. If you can't get within 10 yds sell the bow and buy a rifle.

I think he is a fool.

And so is everyone else that thinks their way is the only way, and their definition of "bowhunting" is the only definition.

Quick Reply: 40 yard shot

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.