Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Is there a new'04 Wisker Biscuit  ? >

Is there a new'04 Wisker Biscuit ?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Is there a new'04 Wisker Biscuit ?

Old 01-27-2004, 02:58 PM

Default Is there a new'04 Wisker Biscuit ?

Did Carolina Archery come out with a new or modified biscuit at the ATA ??

If so .....what's the scoop ?
Old 01-27-2004, 03:15 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Is there a new'04 Wisker Biscuit ?

Yes... it has smaller/softer bristles all around.. except for under the arrow.. they have the older style stiffer bristles. You'd want to shoot them w/ the cock vane up I believe. The softer bristles were supposed to be easier on the fletching.

The new whisper disk from GKF was really neat also.. shot it on a few bows at the show. The final version is alot beefier and sturdier than the prototype pics (which were on a modded shootout frame) that were all over the net a few weeks back.

If I was to choose between the 2 I think I'd go w/ the GKF WD.
Old 01-27-2004, 03:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

KBacon, why is that? What is the "whisper disk" made of? How is it supposed to be on fletchings?
Old 01-27-2004, 03:24 PM
Typical Buck

It was some sort of foam like used in wetsuits... has 6 little cutout slits for the fletching.

It was built tough.. similar to the TKO but different..

They said that it would wear slightly rounding off the squared edges and would be even more forgiving.
Old 01-27-2004, 03:30 PM

yep they did.. i saw it
it was smaller bristles (diameter wise, not length wise) tighter packed together
two colors, brown & black...
i spoke with the manufacturer..
looks good.. but, i don't use a whisker bisquit..
Old 01-27-2004, 03:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

KBacon wrote:

It was some sort of foam like used in wetsuits... has 6 little cutout slits for the fletching.

It was built tough.. similar to the TKO but different..

They said that it would wear slightly rounding off the squared edges and would be even more forgiving.
Did they say how many shots the whisper disk would last for? I'm having a tough time imagining a foam material holding up for very long...

Was it quiet when the fletch zipped through the foam? Notched out for easy loading?
Old 01-27-2004, 03:59 PM
Typical Buck

There's what it looks like.. ingnore everything but the round part.. cuz the rest looks nothing like that.

The foam was extremely quiet on the shaft and fletching. I did inquire about how long the foam would last.. and they said it depended on how much you shot. But said that it should last for a complete season easily.
Old 01-28-2004, 06:27 AM

I'm still pretty new at this archery thing but seeing the picture of the new whisper disk makes me wonder about a few things. First of all, would you have to line the fletchings up just right so they fly through the cutouts because it seems to me that the foam would cause considerable resistance if the fletching was to come into contact with it during flight? Secondly, if the foam is "flimsy" enough to not cause consderable resistance during fletching contact, how does it keep the arrow in the center? It looks like the arrow could easily fall into the bottom groove if this is the case. Please note that I'm not knocking this new rest because I haven't tried it or even seen one in person, just asking a few logical questions.

On another note, I shoot the original whisker biscuit and the new design sounds great to me!
Old 01-28-2004, 09:24 AM
Typical Buck

You do need to line the fletching up w/ the slits. Just like you need to shoot the new biscuit w/ the cock vane up.
The foam is stiff enough to support the arrow and it's about twice as thick as a whisker biscuit.
I don't understand what the big deal is w/ people needing to like up their vanes.. been doing it that way for several years.
Old 01-28-2004, 02:41 PM

KBacon, thanks for clearing that up for me. I personally don't have a problem lining my fletching up if need be, I just like the thought of not having to on the original biscuit. The first prong style rest I shot with I had to line them up so it's no big deal. With that being said, the whisper disk looks pretty nice. Does anyone know when they'll be available and how much they'll be?

Quick Reply: Is there a new'04 Wisker Biscuit ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.