HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-20/)
-   -   pro shop is nuts (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical/50913-pro-shop-nuts.html)

oniedaeagle 01-27-2004 10:10 AM

pro shop is nuts

they gave me a price of 729 for the bow tech liberty and another shop is 589

Bees 01-27-2004 10:22 AM

RE: pro shop is nuts

mmmmm sounds like one of them wants to make about 150 dollars more than the other...

Straightarrow 01-27-2004 10:36 AM

So which one is the nut?

The one who is trying to get more then MSRP (just a guess), or the one who is selling them so low, he's not likely to make enough money to pay his bills? ;)

Deleted User 01-27-2004 11:00 AM

[Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

silentassassin 01-27-2004 11:48 AM

SA,

Why don't you answer your own question. Which one of these shops would you buy from? If you would spend an additional $140 due to shop loyalty then you are alot more dedicated than me.

Straightarrow 01-27-2004 02:49 PM

Oh, without a doubt, all things being equal, I'd buy the cheaper bow. Still, I'd be thinking the guy is nuts selling them so low, if he's not makig the minimum 30-35% markup a business must put on a product in order to stay in business. So, I guess the nut is the guy selling them so cheap.

As a buyer, I definitely prefer the lower price. As a seller, I'd much rather sell fewer at a higher price, as long as my profit turns out to be the same at the end of the year. Less work that way, and more time to make sure each customer is completely satisfied with the product. Satisfied customers forget about the price very quickly. Unhappy customers remember the money wasted, no matter how cheap the cost, long after the sale.

Len in Maryland 01-27-2004 07:26 PM

Sounds to me like they, or you, may have some prices reversed. The Liberty and Justice are quite a bit different on price due to the extensive machining time required on the Liberty. It's easy to do if you're not careful.

muzzyman88 01-27-2004 08:17 PM

I ran into a similar situation when I was shopping for my new Hoyt. The first place I ever seen the Vipertec was a short drive down the road. The wanted 700 for it there. I thought that was a bit high. When I went to my regular shop, he wanted 610 for it. Quite a bit of difference if you ask me. I don't mind spending a little more for a bow at my shop if they were a little more. A good, quality shop is hard to come by. But spending as much as you say for one is a bit out of hand if you ask me.

Buck Magnet 01-27-2004 08:17 PM

I am gonna have to agree with Len on this one. I am betting that the shop that quoted you at $589 was referring to the Justice. That sounds right for the Justice.

CLOUD 9, MN 01-27-2004 09:30 PM

Thats a pretty big difference, but I've paid $100 bucks more before bacause I know how good they are at set-up. Some dealers bolt things on and others stay with you through the whole set-up process.

good Luck!