Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 New NAP Vanes(Pic)! >

New NAP Vanes(Pic)!

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

New NAP Vanes(Pic)!

Old 01-26-2004, 11:57 AM

Default New NAP Vanes(Pic)!

I happened to stumble across a pic of the new vanes from NAP over on AT, very interesting idea.

Old 01-26-2004, 12:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: New NAP Vanes(Pic)!

You don't have a better picture from an angle do you? That way we could really see those things!!
Old 01-26-2004, 12:02 PM

sorry that is all I found over at the archery talk forum,I'm a feather man myself but these have peaked my interest. Guys have said that they are ust a fuz heavier than the standard vane.
Old 01-26-2004, 12:08 PM
Boone & Crockett

Interesting. I hope to see more of them as well when the opportunity permits. Anything to increase accuracy with my setup...
Old 01-26-2004, 12:16 PM

Amazingly simple concept. I'm surprised someone didn't think of it before. Looks like it would work well.
Old 01-26-2004, 12:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

The demo NAP had up was really cool. Piqued my interest for sure. Weights are just under 30 grains for three 4" vanes according to the fellow we spoke with.

Price is outrageous honestly. Dealer cost for a 100 PK is as much as what my shop sells a 100 pack of 4" feathers for.[:'(]
Old 01-26-2004, 12:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm having a hard time featuring how this thing works in a fletching jig clamp. Does the little lip at the back smush down when you stick the vane in your clamp so it can grab the whole vane? Or do you have to build up the clamp with tape or something to hold the vane where the clamp won't close down on it?

I've been wierded out about this vane ever since I first heard of the idea.
Old 01-26-2004, 12:45 PM
Typical Buck

The little lip is very small and I know my Bitz jigs have a slight taper on them and I don't see much issue w/ them working in most normal jigs.

The demo they had setup at the NAP booth was a full helical feather vs this vane w/ the same helical. This vane was spinning 2-3 times as fast as the feather. They said that the vane fletched straight would still spin a bit faster than a helical feather and alot more than a helical vane.
Old 01-26-2004, 12:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

LOL! I went and took a hard look at my clamp. You know that you can look at something a million times and never notice details? I never noticed the clamp on my Bitz has that gap at the back end.

Well, if the vane works as advertised, then that's great. It's about time the guys that are forced to use straight fletch for clearance got something that will actually stabilize their arrows.
Old 01-27-2004, 04:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

I had a gread discussion about the new vanes, and fletching as in general at the ATA show. These new vanes will be costly but if they preform as exspected they will greatly improve arrow flight with broadheads for most people. Now of course I do need to try them first but they do look promising.

Quick Reply: New NAP Vanes(Pic)!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.