Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Why not more custom grips in use? >

Why not more custom grips in use?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Why not more custom grips in use?

Old 01-16-2004, 12:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Why not more custom grips in use?

With all the gadgetry and tinkering that is so popular with many here, why is it you rarely see reference to people using an aftermarket grip for their bow(s)? Since your hand is the main part of your body to interact with the bow, it seems like custom grips would be much more prevalant than they seem to be. Is it because:

1- Very few hold on to a bow for any length of time and getting a custom grip for each new bow would be very expensive.

2- Custom grips? They make custom grips? Let me at 'em...

3- I really really like the grip on my bow. It's like it was made for me, and a custom grip couldn't improve anything...

Old 01-16-2004, 01:05 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-16-2004, 01:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Why not more custom grips in use?

I heard most pros shoot with the grips off anyways.
Which simply means they hate the grips that come on the bows they shoot but don't have a sponsorship from a custom grip maker.

I think you could add a #4, Range...

"I don't have enough skill or experience to tell any difference between a custom grip and a section of 2 by 4 glued to the bow."
Old 01-16-2004, 01:39 PM

I don't care for the grips on my bow, but ain't droppin' $55 for a custom grip either because I shoot just fine with the one's on it. If I found some for say $10 that I liked better then I would be singing a different tune. I also tried shooting with the grips removed and shot well that way but it felt weird.[:-] I've also thought about getting some of those SIMS insulator strips and putting those in place of the grips but haven't tried it yet.
Old 01-16-2004, 01:51 PM
Typical Buck

Most custom grips are mail order... and before I plopped $50+ on a custom grip.. I'd want to make sure that it fit my hand the way that I like.
Old 01-16-2004, 01:53 PM

Good Topic,

Better yet why won't bow companies offer diff grip options??

I will be shooting the new Mathews Outback tonight - and I just know I will hate the grip - always had and always will hate those mathews chunks[:'(]

Give us some options for petes sake

We are not all grip it and rip it shooters
Old 01-16-2004, 02:45 PM

Same as KBacon. If I'm shellin' out 50-75 bucks for a grip, I want to try it first and make sure I really like it more than the original. I also wonder why the manufacturers don't offer a choice when it comes to grips. I just went through the process of buying a new bow, and can honestly say I probably would have bought a different one if I could have had a choice in which grip it had on it. To loose out on selling a $650-700 bow, over a $5-10 piece of wood, doesn't make much sense to me, but then again, I'm just a consumer and what do I know? Maybe this will be the next big innovation in archery?
Old 01-16-2004, 05:10 PM
pup

i used to shoot with no grip on my bow but when i was at worlds this year i got a shrewd grip for my bowtech and i love it[:-]
Old 01-16-2004, 08:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

I like the newly designed grips on my new BowTechs. They're pretty much what I'd turned the grip on my 01 P38 into. And I do think I could tell the difference between a 2X4 and a custom grip. The 2X4 would seem much longer than necessary.
Old 01-16-2004, 10:38 PM

I hate the grips on Matthews, the Bowtechs are ok, but I love the Hoyt's, very small and fits nicely b/t thumb and forefinger.

Quick Reply: Why not more custom grips in use?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.