Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 My Liberty and Trophy Taker Pics >

My Liberty and Trophy Taker Pics

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

My Liberty and Trophy Taker Pics

Old 01-14-2004, 10:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: My Liberty and Trophy Taker Pics

That's a great looking bow Buck ,I can't wait to get mine home.

nubo
Old 01-14-2004, 11:09 PM

Hey Buck,

Just a word of warning for you. I noticed you ran the cord for the TT through the hole on the rest and then tied a knot on the backside. That's what I did as well, but after a while, that metal loop that it runs through started wearing my cord pretty bad. It kinda digs into the cord when the rest comes up. The piece on the TT that you run the cord through is designed for the cord to be pulling from a down direction, not an up direction, hence the wear that you will see after some extended shooting, at least I did.

What I did to correct this was instead of making a knot, I ran it through and made a loop back to the cord again, and served it up. This way it can pivot on the TT and not cause any wear. Perhaps TT has changed that part of the rest so this is no longer an issue, I don't know; I've had my Shakey for a while now.

Not sure if you'll have this issue or not, but keep an eye on it.

Rod
Old 01-15-2004, 04:46 AM

BM, that looks great, I'll be putting the Shakey HUnter on my Justice just as soon as my 60 limbs arrive, put I'm thinking about serving my pull line into the cable to prevent the problem HOTLZ was talking about. I haven't decided for sure but I think I'll but my TRophy Ridge sights on but I may wait to see what comes back from the ATA next week.
Old 01-15-2004, 07:36 AM

BM & holtz If you reverse the way the cord runs through the TT hole It will not wear and also make sure the rest comes up all the way everytime. What I mean is put the end of the cord on the other side of the tab and run the cord up through the hole and back to the cable slide. We have had to do this when putting a TT on the 2 cam and attaching it to the cable slide. If you need I will try to get some pics. They are worth a 1000 words. Junkie
Old 01-15-2004, 07:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Junkie, that's a good idea. I was concerned about the angle of the cord to the tab. I tried using the slide on a P40 F cam. It was very inconsistent and bound the cables. I'll try running the cord as you suggested. It should change the angle.
Old 01-15-2004, 07:51 AM

That is a good idea Bowjunkie. Sounds easier than making a loop like I did. I'll keep it in mind next time I need to do that.

Rod
Old 01-15-2004, 09:03 AM

A better way IMO to run that rest off a slide is to run the string through the hole the oposite way (with the knot facing the shooter) then wrap the cord around and under the bar then to the slide.

This gains much more leverage to pull up the rest and is the way Bowtech and TT recommended doing it off the slide.
Old 01-15-2004, 11:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Getting the itch???????????????????????????????????

Closet techie?????????????????????????????????????

Feel the need for speed???????????????????????????

Want a price on carbons??????????????????????????

LOL

No...I was just trying to figure out how much I was gonna save by not having to have one

Actually I'd love one, but it's a little out of my league right now....the kids gotta eat ya know! [:-] Besides, I can probably get a single cam patriot cheap soon...I know someone that's gonna have a hard time resisting the new bowtech's for much longer.
Old 01-15-2004, 11:50 AM

Besides, I can probably get a single cam patriot cheap soon...I know someone that's gonna have a hard time resisting the new bowtech's for much longer.
Ahhhh - who knows. I have my issues with the 04's also.........LOL Never satisfied

Luckily my dealer sold most of the 04's he had - I can't buy whats not there
Old 01-15-2004, 01:14 PM
Boone & Crockett

Actually I'd love one, but it's a little out of my league right now....the kids gotta eat ya know! Besides, I can probably get a single cam patriot cheap soon...I know someone that's gonna have a hard time resisting the new bowtech's for much longer.
Uhhemm.. cough...have you checked ebay lately...cough.....uhheemm..

Quick Reply: My Liberty and Trophy Taker Pics

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.