Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Who's drawn both the '04 SC Pat and the Liberty/Justice? >

Who's drawn both the '04 SC Pat and the Liberty/Justice?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Who's drawn both the '04 SC Pat and the Liberty/Justice?

Old 01-12-2004, 11:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Who's drawn both the '04 SC Pat and the Liberty/Justice?

I'm trying to get an idea of exactly how the draw cycle of these two bows compare.

I'm considering and F-cam bow at 70#s or a SC Pat at 60#s, calculated performance is close, with the SC Pat faster by 13 fps or so...

As far as perceived effort, I'm guessing based on others postings it should be similar. Just curious of how the FDC differs for these two cams. Is it really that big of a difference?

Also, does the '04 Pat SC balance like the Liberty?
Old 01-12-2004, 11:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Who's drawn both the '04 SC Pat and the Liberty/Justice?

I have Do I count?

Overall effort is about the same. The 60 pound I-cam will not peak as high but you will pull much longer through the draw cycle. 70 pound F-cam will hit a higher peak but let off almost immediately.

I let all the guys up at the shop (and a few customers) shoot and draw my Liberty (70) and my demo MM VFT (60) on Sat. Everyone commented the Liberty felt like 60 pounds.
Old 01-12-2004, 12:34 PM
Typical Buck

I drew all 3 and bought the Pat S/C. The Lib and Justice were smoother, but not enough for me to want to relinquish the speed I get from the Pat. The Pat balanced well enough that I went out of the shop with nothing more than a Limb Saver stabilizer enhancer on the front. I haven't shot it enough to know if I'll be keeping only that device or adding to it a bit. I may want some more weight on the bottom once I shoot my carbons. It did feel real nice in my hand though. And quick! Two inch groups out of the box.

Good luck,

Fritz
Old 01-12-2004, 12:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks guys.

Jeff, of course you count...

mrfritz, did you compare both bows at 70#s? If so you didn't think the F-cam drew like it was 10#s less?

Ok, how do the '04 SC Pat and Liberty/Justice compare in the balance, recoil/handshock and noise departments, assuming a 60# Pat and a 70# F-cam, shooting a 375 grain arrow?

I'm figuring a 60# '04 SC Pat will do 295 fps, the Liberty 286 fps and the Justice 282 fps, with the hush kit string silencers, two brass nocks and a 375 grain arrow...
Old 01-12-2004, 12:53 PM

My wife's '04 Patriot VFT does 280 fps at 60 pounds and 26 1/16 inch draw AMO
Old 01-12-2004, 01:06 PM
Typical Buck

Yes, both at 70. Liberty felt lighter. Maybe not the 10 pounds expressed by most, but then that's just me.
Old 01-12-2004, 01:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks fritz...

Walks, that's impressive. What arrow weight? Anything on the string?

You sure you didn't machine up some sorta kick the speed in the tail doohickey and slap it on?

Old 01-12-2004, 01:17 PM

Rangeball , I drew a 71# Liberty and a 71# Patriot VFT back about a month ago ! I haven't been shooting a lot lately and am a little out of shape when drawing .....so here is my interpretation based on that.

My bow set at 69# and has a very smooth draw. The Patriot had a slightly harsher draw than I'm used to but was definately smooth. It felt like 70 # to me !!

The Liberty was smoother .........but I wouldn't say by a lot ! I didn't think it was any smoother than my bow and I'd say it felt like 67 # or so (give or take a pound) ! I would never say it felt 10# lighter IMO !!

I would probably go with the Patriot set up given the two choices (without having shot one)! There just wasn't a big enough difference in FDC to me.....but to each there own !! Good Luck !!
Old 01-12-2004, 01:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Rangeball, I've been wondering the same thing. If 71# feels like 60# and produces speed (power, usable arrow energy, etc) less than another bow at 60#, where is the advantage in feeling lighter?

Smoothness of the draw I guess.

But then I've read of those trying and buying the patriot sc and saying the draw wasn't that bad at all, rather smooth.

I guess they just have to be shot to see whay all the reve reviews. Maybe shooting is believing.

Interesting side note, I just checked into a bow ranch in Texas that would only allow the use of mechanicals if the total arrow weight was over 400 and the draw over 65#. A patriot dc or sc at 64# would put out way more power than any of the bows ibo'd at 280-290. (the golden eagle splitfires come to mind)
Old 01-12-2004, 01:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

CBM, what bow are you comparing the Pat and Liberty to? Just curious...

Thanks for all the anecdotal evidence Unfortunately, until the shops not so around here get their '04s in and I get a chance to pull them for myself, I have to live vicariously through you guys...

Assuming all their bows are 70#s, I'll ask them to back the Pat SC down to 60# to get a feel for what it does.

Interesting side note, I just checked into a bow ranch in Texas that would only allow the use of mechanicals if the total arrow weight was over 400 and the draw over 65#. A patriot dc or sc at 64# would put out way more power than any of the bows ibo'd at 280-290. (the golden eagle splitfires come to mind)
Dave, that's just plain ignorance in my opinion. They should base their minimums on KE and/or momentum, since as you pointed there's a wide range of what will or won't do what at a given spec...

Quick Reply: Who's drawn both the '04 SC Pat and the Liberty/Justice?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.