Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 4 blade broedheads and fletching >

4 blade broedheads and fletching

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

4 blade broedheads and fletching

Old 01-11-2004, 03:04 PM

Default 4 blade broedheads and fletching

if i get Four blade broadhead will they fly better with four fletchings or can i stick with my full helical fletched arrows

has anyone ever tried four helical fletchings???
Old 01-11-2004, 04:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 4 blade broedheads and fletching

In a nut shell more fletching will control the arrow better, but will slow it down a bit as well. The larger the broadhead the more fletching you will need to control it. 3 5" helical feathers will steer just about any head, and 4 4" feathers whould make even the largest heads shoot well. Of course fletching clearance could be an issue unless you use a drop away or Wisker bisquit type rest.
Old 01-11-2004, 05:52 PM

Default RE: 4 blade broedheads and fletching

Rauch, I used to shoot 5" 4 fletch arrows all the time with black diamond broad heads and 2317 arrows. I was planning on shooting 4"4 fletch when I changed to carbons but the first arrow I tried to fletch I found out there is not enough room to put four feathers on a carbon arrow and expect it not to bounce off an arrow rest. I shoot fingers so a drop away rest is not an option. Now I shoot 3 5" feathers and Montec broadheads. I miss watching a arrow fly with four yellow feathers on it but then since I went to carbons I just miss watching the arrows fly. Every so often I have to get out the Black Widow and shoot just to watch the arrows.

Hi Left