Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 ** 2004 BowTech "Hush Kit" TIP ** >

** 2004 BowTech "Hush Kit" TIP **

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

** 2004 BowTech "Hush Kit" TIP **

Old 01-08-2004, 04:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default ** 2004 BowTech "Hush Kit" TIP **

Many of you guys getting the 2004 BowTechs might be noticing the new Vibrablocks and their low position on the limbs (Down near the pocket) I've been seeing most shipped this way.

The evolution of the vibrablocks and their location there goes something like this........for the last 2 yrs. The "1st Generation" Vibrablocks were "OK" better than nothing, but obviously weren't in the same league as the SIMS Limbsavers. So guys like myself (I might have to take credit for this trend? ) Started sliding the OLD Vibrablocks down to the Limb Pocket end and adding a set of Limbsavers in the traditional spot.......We figured "Well they're on there".... so we might as well put them somewhere rather than cut them off and waste them.
So rather than bulk up the limb fork area we slid em' down, and they did seem to help a little extra placed there in conjunction with Limbsavers.
Well I think BowTech caught on to that trend last year and they started shipping the new 2004 models with the V-Blocks down low.

Well it turns out that the 2004 Vibrablocks are simply outstanding.....no joke, I can tell absolutely no difference between these and the Limbsavers (Same goes for the Hush Kit silencers VS Leeches they are terrific too) Since the NEW Vibrablocks are so good they should be placed in the traditional spot for Limbsavers........the "Sweet" spot on these limbs seems to be the area right where the limb fork tapers into the thin body of the limb.
They are NOT as effective near the limb pocket and should be moved up. We tested them in every position possible and they worked best in the spot I described.

The reason I can say this is that on my buddy Frank's Liberty while sighting in for a 3D shoot was getting a little bit of a "Buzz" noise (just enough to be heard and keep the bow from being dead silent....) which turned out to be a loose screw on his rest.
For a while we just couldn't quite tell where it was coming from and in the process of isolating and pinpointing that noise we moved the Vibrablocks up to the higher position and the noise went away completely.......slid back down it was back![:-] Meaning that the Vibrablocks soaked up all(or more than enough) remaining shot vibration in the high position to keep it from affecting the screw, but not quite enough down low by the pocket to keep the screw from making that slight noise. That was pretty eye opening!
And yeah we did tighten the screw......Frank has a screw loose but at least not on his rest anymore.[8D]

So For 2004........I say Move em up! And TRUST ME ,Save your money that you were planning to spend on Limbsavers and put that toward some higher quality arrows or something.......I spent my money and tried it just for the heck of it, and there is no benefit whatsoever. Should have just left well enough alone.
I never thought since Limbsavers came out that I'd say this.......but I will probably be taking the Limbsavers OFF! (If I can do so without dorking up my limb finish)
The new string silencers are absolutely on par with SIMS leeches as well (As you can see in that Liberty Vs. Diablo test a while back)......save your $$ and enjoy the factory stuff. Nice little added bonus to go along with the ever present quality strings for 2004.

Thought you guys might like a little extra sumthin' sumthin' that we discovered to get the most out of those new toys.
Old 01-08-2004, 07:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: ** 2004 BowTech "Hush Kit" TIP **

Uhm...

Exactly what he said.

Seriously..Limbsavers and Leeches are a waste of your money. There is virtually no difference that I can tell. Spend that 25 bucks on a new pack of broadheads or some better arrows like Matt said.

Surprised the hell out of me when I was testing them.
Old 01-08-2004, 07:04 PM

Thanks for the tip Matt. I've been so excited just shooting my new Liberty that I never even paid attention to the location of the vibrablocks until recently. They definitely do their job.

By the way, have you put your Liberty to use on any live game yet? I've been keeping an eye out for a post from you but haven't seen one yet.
Old 01-08-2004, 08:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

Matt thank's a million for that tip I'll be checking my new Pat d/c as soon as I get it home .

nubo
Old 01-08-2004, 08:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

As a side note, they're only being put down by the pocket for shipping purposes and should be moved up by the dealer when they recieve the bow.
Old 01-08-2004, 08:39 PM

Matt,
Thanks for the Tip. Thatls great news. I can't wait to get my bow in a couple of weeks. Almost certainly a Liberty, but I will have to shoot it again with a Pat S/C.
Old 01-09-2004, 12:03 AM

I agree with all of the above, the new Hush kit is as good as the Simms products. The new rubber compound is very soft and feels like some of the compounds I work with at Goodyear Engineered Products. The BowTech string silencers seem to be holding up very well on the wife's new Patriot VFT!!!
Old 01-09-2004, 12:18 AM
CWB

I hope their new string silencers hold up better than the 03 style did. They would break and fly off after 20-30 shots. I went through 4 sets and gave up on them.
Old 01-09-2004, 04:51 AM
Boone & Crockett

Nice timing Matt.

I had assumed that they moved them down to the pockets because they were more effective down there. Operating out of that assumption I have already installed a set of stealth limbsavers on my Mighty Mite.

(..and I don't want to hear a word about the word "assume" from you, Jeff or Pat...)

As for the string silencers compared to the leeches....heck, they may even be better than the leeches in one regard...the way that they attache onto the string. Though the newer style leeches are better than the originals in regard to how the string wears on them the fact that the Bowtech string silencers slide down the string instead of being trapped between the strands makes them somewhat superior in my opinion. Only time will tell on how durable they are.
Old 01-09-2004, 06:00 AM
Typical Buck

My pro-shop guy said that they were meant to be as far up as possible and that they are moved down to the pockets for the purpose of squeezing the bow in a bow press.

Quick Reply: ** 2004 BowTech "Hush Kit" TIP **

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.