Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Early Christmas

Old 12-13-2003, 05:11 PM

Default Early Christmas

I posted this on another site as well cause I'm like kid at Christmas. Christmas came early for me with the help from Pinwheel12. I was looking for a new 04 Merlin Max and Pinwheel gave me a deal I couldn't turn down. I'm now the father of two merlins. A 01 Max2000 w/rapid cams and now a new Max3000 w/Omega cam. I no sooner opened the box and went out to a bow shop and picked-up all new accessories. I was up till 1:00am putting it together. Today in less the 2 dozen arrows I had it grouping out to 50 yds. UNBELIEVABLE how sweet it is!! These Merlins shoot so well for me. Better then any bow I've owned. And I've had a few.

PW made the whole tranaction so easy and you can't beat his prices. Believe Me I looked. Thanks again PW. HO!HO!HO! Merry Christmas. Jerry.

Old 12-13-2003, 05:53 PM

Default RE: Early Christmas

Looks like ya got her rigged for special opps!!! SILENT DEATH
Old 12-13-2003, 06:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice lookin rig ya got there.

I shot one when they first came out this year and I must say it was pretty smooth shooting even without the NV system and limb savers...

I can't tell, what camo does it have on it?
Old 12-13-2003, 09:38 PM

BT, They call the camo "Sherwood forest". Doesn't look like any forest I ever saw but I've never been to England either. LOL It grows on ya though. It has a tan base to it like ASAT but more like the military desert pattern. It sure is a shooter though. It shoots much more forgiving then it's 7"brace ht. I've been shooting a Max2000 w/the old rapid cams and this model seem to be a little more accurate if possible. Like I said before I had it shooting 3-4"groups at 50 yds. within a couple hrs. No kidding and I still didn't fine tune it.

The Max3000's come threw with limb savers on it. The NV system is something I automaticlly put on all my bows. I think it takes most if not all hand shock out of most bows. I have it on a Darton Mav. I use for hunting w/2314's and it calmed that down. Besides they just look so cool.LOL Jerry
Old 12-14-2003, 05:08 AM
Typical Buck

Now there's a pair that will beat a full house! The Sherwood Forest Camo is cool, like nothing you've ever seen really and at first it does makes some people gunshy---some people even admittedly flat-out hate it at first look--that is until they stick it in a November woods most anywhere----then it disappears! Remember most everything is tan and brown during fall bowhunting seasons(which is primarily when the highest percentage of bowhunters are out, sorry turkey hunters, had to go with the percentages) with only a little green thrown in here and there. Merlin has done their best to copy that.

Plus, they do their own camo in-house, and don't have to pay royalties on every bow. This in turn saves a boatload of money that can be better spent on finer details and attributes that are much more important.

The Omega system has straight and level nock travel at all drawlengths when set-up according to the instructions, so it is easier to setup(follow instructions![8D]) and more accurate (as Jerry mentioned) than other cam systems that do not offer the same attributes. Evolution continues, and it's cool---I told ya , didn't I, Jerry? [8D] Good shooting, Pinwheel 12
Old 12-14-2003, 06:54 AM
Typical Buck

I also wanted to say thanks to both BTS and WWAG for coming in and giving the thumbs up, even tho it is not their preferred brand of bow or company they work for. That was VERY standup of both of you, and was definately worth mentioning here. Thanks guys. Good shooting, Pinwheel 12
Old 12-14-2003, 07:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Not trying to jump on the love-fest here, as I have a question to ask Jerry: what kind of stabilizer is that you have on it? EDIT: I think I can tell now it's a shockblocker, no?

But I will also say I got a chance to shoot the Max3000 w/ R2 cams (target mods) & a SuperNova w/ wheels early this summer and they were definitely well built pieces of machinery.

They call the camo "Sherwood forest". Doesn't look like any forest I ever saw but I've never been to England either. LOL
Old 12-14-2003, 08:08 AM
Typical Buck

OK, Jeff, you get a hug too.[8D]
Old 12-14-2003, 09:38 AM

You would be correctamumdo Jeff. I had a black Isolator on it at first but it just didn't look as pretty without the camo.

BTW PW I changed the module this morning and shortened my loop a little and bingo. Draw lenght is perfect.. Jerry
Old 12-14-2003, 09:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

Jerry.

Congrats on the new bow looks like your quest has finally come to an end

Just one question tho.
Why did ya put ya ugly mug in the pic?[:-]

Sort of takes away the beauty of the bow

Quick Reply: Early Christmas

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.