HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-20/)
-   -   Should I kisser? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical/4275-should-i-kisser.html)

Grndzer 02-03-2002 04:41 PM

Should I kisser?

I have always had a kisser button on my hunting bows. I got my CyberTec and plan to shoot 3d this year. I have shot my bow 3 times and have had two diffrent peeps in it. I was told that the peep is your ancher point but the first peep I had would not stay straight so I replaced it with a lagrer round peep but the hole in this peep seems too big and in order to get me shooting straight I added a nock to the string to use as a kisser. The first peep set at an angle and had a small hole I liked but it would not stay straight. I dont shoot a loop. And I don't really want a kisser but I am shooting all over the place with out it. Any one got some advice on what to do?

Bo539 02-03-2002 05:01 PM

RE: Should I kisser?

If it aint broke dont fix it . it sounds like you are comfortable(spl) with a kisser, put one and try it. if it helps good if it doesnt well.... have you tried a peep with the tube? you loose a couple of fps but its always right there.

Kanga 02-03-2002 05:34 PM

I would put the kisser back on for another ancho point
and if you dont shoot good groups you can always take it back off

Len in Maryland 02-03-2002 05:59 PM

I hate kissers as well. I use a kisser as a "nose" button and couple it with a solid anchor behind the ear.

Grndzer 02-04-2002 04:44 AM

I am thinking about getting a TruBall Speed Nok and putting a loop on my bow. I hope this will hold the smaller peep in place.

bloodtrail1 02-04-2002 06:49 AM

Personally Im a peep sight man, I get a better more consistant anchor with a peep. I shoot a loop, and once the string has stretched and is "happy", usually the peep will always rotate around into position. But go with what your most used to and works best for you.

bfisherman11 02-04-2002 12:14 PM

Peep and Kisser, I think it gives me more consistency. You can also use eliminator buttons instead of the larger kisser's.
Bill

scottsman 02-04-2002 02:19 PM

Bo539's right...if it aint broke don't fix it! I personaly use a kisser and a peep,and anchor my knuckle on my earlobe. The more anchors the better!

Jeep_Man 02-04-2002 06:20 PM

Not an expert shooter scottsman, but I enjoy shooting fingers allot...maybe it's not an option, but makes shooting allot more simpler.

Finger shoot it man, just use your fingers.

scottsman 02-04-2002 10:27 PM

Jeepman..I'm not an expert shooter either, that's why I need all the anchors I can get.
I always admired you finger guys.