Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Tree Stand Harness/straps >

Tree Stand Harness/straps

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Tree Stand Harness/straps

Old 10-07-2019, 05:57 AM
Spike

Default Tree Stand Harness/straps

I am doing a survey for school on the safety of tree stands and am working on improving them. If you wouldn't mind, please take this survey.
https://forms.gle/cxBwA3ncFu4Fdc8FA
Thanks
Old 10-09-2019, 03:56 AM
Fork Horn

I couldn't really answer your survey well as I haven't fallen or have any friends that have. I have made maybe ten of these safety lines and have on all over the stands on the farm we hunt. The owners required usage of them. Either use the life line, or hunt on the ground.
Old 10-10-2019, 06:08 AM
Spike

Thanks for your input on our survey Rob. We were previously unaware of the life-line safety system. We are currently attempting to create a system which allows hunters to be safe 24/7. We hope to create a safety system that prevents hunters from having to risk their safety while installing their safety systems. It's also good to hear about hunters who are vigilant about their own safety.
Old 10-10-2019, 06:29 AM
Spike

I completed the survey.

What type of tree stands are you focused on?
Old 10-11-2019, 05:33 AM
Spike

We are currently focused on manufactured climbing ladders/pegs.
Old 10-11-2019, 05:49 AM
Fork Horn

If I answered the survey and checked yes, I'm concerned about tree stand safety, will I start receiving emails or other unwanted solicitations?
Old 10-11-2019, 04:00 PM
JW
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Danielneve
We are currently focused on manufactured climbing ladders/pegs.
Tree pegs or any type of screw in type step that one has to screw in to any tree live or dead in the state of WI is illegal on all public lands. Public it is up to the owner.
That is Federal, State, and County lands.

In fact cutting any limb or branch out of the way on any dead or live tree is also illegal.
I teach tree stand safety as it is a required topic in WI Hunter Ed classes. Number one outdoor accident.

And sorry I don't sign in to take any survey.

JW

Last edited by JW; 10-11-2019 at 04:02 PM.
Old 10-14-2019, 06:02 AM
Spike

Default Unwanted Solicitations

Originally Posted by Coastal Mountaineer
If I answered the survey and checked yes, I'm concerned about tree stand safety, will I start receiving emails or other unwanted solicitations?
Thank you Coastal Mountaineer for taking our survey. You will not receive any emails of any kind from us. Our survey does not track emails from recipients.
Old 10-22-2019, 04:43 AM
Spike

As I get older,getting up and down the tree is becoming more of a task. I use a set of tree steps and find that the distance from rung to rung is to far apart and uncomfortable.I actually strained a quad yesterday,I'm sore this morning. I would be interested in a system that I could hook to for up and down movement. Now I'm hanging on by my toenails and I don't like it.
Old 11-01-2019, 11:03 AM
Boone & Crockett

Son if you want some good information on this topic I suggest you contact some of the wildlife agencies. The PA Game Commission has a lot of info on tree stand safety and statistics.
I personally know that I've been hunting in a tree stand for about 50 years now and haven't fallen out of one yet.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.