Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Older Martin Cougar Magnum Bow Question.... >

Older Martin Cougar Magnum Bow Question....

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Older Martin Cougar Magnum Bow Question....

Old 12-16-2018, 04:49 PM
Spike

Default Older Martin Cougar Magnum Bow Question....

Hi all, great forum, I look forward to reading more of what is happening on here.

I have the above bow, I picked up a couple years ago, I thought I would replace the cable so I started to remove it and it does not come out of the wheels, so I took it to a shop in Anchorage and they said they couldn't get a new cable and the old one looked ok, so they put it back together and told me it is a 40 lb max bow, he said it must be a youth bow?? When I bought it my wife, who shoots a 30 lb bow for practice, couldn't draw it back and I struggled a little to pull it back, now it is like a toy! The bow company said it was set at 38 lbs and also said it wasn't for hunting, but maybe small game.....none of this adds up. When I bought it they said it was a 75 or 80 lb bow....can someone help me figure this out? also it looks odd with the wheels way up like they are, but I can't say I really remember. the number on the bow is CLW 34874-9 it looks like.