Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
New bow, Sights, Quiver, Rest, Arrows??? >

New bow, Sights, Quiver, Rest, Arrows???

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

New bow, Sights, Quiver, Rest, Arrows???

Old 06-16-2018, 05:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default New bow, Sights, Quiver, Rest, Arrows???

I haven't been on here for a few years....... Been really fired up lately to buy a new bow. I really like a light rig...... starting with a bow that really dosen't need a stabilizer to hunt with(just extra weight to carry around)

What do you guys recommend for super good quality LIGHT WEIGHT sights, quiver, drop[-away rest. Also what are the straightest skinny carbon arrows you guys recommend these days?

A[[reciate the feedback!!

Thanks

Cloud 9
Old 06-18-2018, 08:14 PM
Fork Horn

Not sure how much you want to spend but the carbon riser bows are light. The Bow Techs are the cheapest I believe and I think they come in a reasonable package deal as well. As for arrows your best bet is probably the Easton products.
Old 08-19-2018, 07:57 PM
Spike

This maybe late but I will respond. Just for the fact no one on this site ever does.Getting a answer on this site is hopeless. Trophy Ridge makes great multi pin sights,Trophy Ridge and HHA single pins are great but little heavy. Not bad tho. QAD HD and shaffer makes great rest.quivers, G5, Trueglo, Mathews. Fuse and Tightspot.
Old 08-21-2018, 11:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

I believe you should always attach a stabilizer to your bow. Many small and lightweight versions out there. Stabilizers improve accuracy.

Quiver can be a non-issue. If a stalker, use a back quiver. If in a stand, remove the quiver. I always remove my quiver once in the tree stand.
Old 08-21-2018, 08:37 PM
Spike

Default Please read

If nothing else a cheap stabilizer will dampen sound and really will not add weight that you will notice. If you have any further questions I am personally willing to connect with you or anyone else that has questions. My email or on instagram at ridge_grunt.
Old 08-22-2018, 11:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by CLOUD 9, MN
I haven't been on here for a few years....... Been really fired up lately to buy a new bow. I really like a light rig...... starting with a bow that really dosen't need a stabilizer to hunt with(just extra weight to carry around)

What do you guys recommend for super good quality LIGHT WEIGHT sights, quiver, drop[-away rest. Also what are the straightest skinny carbon arrows you guys recommend these days?

A[[reciate the feedback!!

Thanks

Cloud 9
There's lots of choices out there when it comes to setting up a bow with accessories at different price ranges. I'm not cheap but you don't need high dollar equipment to hunt with unless you just want to spend money.

Bow - I bought a used Bowtech Allegiance off ebay at a great price and have been using it now for about 6yrs. It's lightweight and fits me like a glove. Rest, I really like the Trophy Taker Pronghorn and have been using one for years with no complaints, it's simple and reliable, easy to set up and tune, quite and well built and it doesn't break the bank in cost. Quiver - I use a kwikee and it does what it's designed to do and that's hold my arrows. Sight - I use an Impact Archery single pin, nothing fancy or special and it works great for me. Arrows - I like Goldtips and have been using them for years with no problems. Like already posted, I too like to use a stabilizer and I use a 4" simms s-coil that I bought at Walmart on roll back and it does the job.

You can get all your accessories off of ebay new and used including a bow at really good prices if you keep checking. Archerytalk is also another good source. Good luck. Mike