Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Question about Mathews Reezen 7 >

Question about Mathews Reezen 7

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Question about Mathews Reezen 7

Old 01-26-2018, 10:56 AM
Spike

Default Question about Mathews Reezen 7

Just got into archery, I’m still a complete newbie. My father in-law has offered to give me a Mathews Reezen 7. The bow is like new including new string. Here is my question is this a good bow to learn on? it’s set at my draw length 29” and 60lbs but can go to 70. I am also supplying a pic if that helps.Question about Mathews Reezen 7-d1d13e1b-a3de-48b4-95c7-078cf143d79b.jpg
Old 01-26-2018, 11:48 AM
Spike

How did the draw length feel when you draw it back? I see it has a peep sight also. You shouldn't have to lean in or crouch, it should just feel comfortable. Are you going to shoot with a release? It's a great bow. If it don't feel comfortable take it to an archery shop and they can fit it to you.
Old 02-16-2018, 09:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Mathews makes great bows as do most if not all current manufacturers. I suspect any bow is a good learning tool. Longer bows and those with larger brace heights are more forgiving with an archers mistakes. So, this one will emphasize any shooting errors you exhibit.

My advice is to shoot the heck out of it and enjoy it. I'd start by taking it to a pro shop and ask them to set it up for you. Make sure your arrows have the correct spine for your setup. Shoot with others who have knowledge. Shoot at a range and/or in a league until you are comfortable. Practice makes perfect. If you seem unable to become proficient, such as stacking arrows upon each other at 20 yards, then seek answers from a coach, if necessary.