Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
HHA OL5019 sighting >

HHA OL5019 sighting

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

HHA OL5019 sighting

Old 08-26-2017, 12:10 PM
Fork Horn

Default HHA OL5019 sighting

I cant seem to get more than 30yds for distance on my HHA OL5019, at the very top of the Slide is 30yds. Currently I am using the bottom two mounting spots for the Pin Housing and the 20yd mark is about 3/4 up the Slide the 30yd is right near the top. I removed the Housing Set screws and went one by one all the way up the mounting holes and this did not change anything, shooting into the dirt even at 20 yards no matter where I move the Pin wheel. I have a Bowtech Black Ice set at 60lbs, a Rip Cord Drop away, which was installed last year (had the same problem but was to close to season so I didn't want to mess with it). Would the drop away setting have anything to do with this? I have taken it in to two shops and they both said " your going to have to sight it in" and didn't really mess with it. Any suggestions would be appreciated, and hopefully I'm not missing something easy. Thanks
Old 08-26-2017, 03:52 PM
Typical Buck

Damon, you are moving the pins the wrong way. Move them down to gain distance not up. Your shortest range pin should be at the top and longest range pin be towards the bottom. Chase the arrow. If you shoot low, lower the pin. Shoot high raise the pin.
Old 08-26-2017, 04:31 PM
Fork Horn

Its a single pin and when I say I moved it up, I mean the entire Pin housing. On the yardage it works from bottom to top of the adjuster on the tape, below is a link, I have the one on the left, thanks for your feedback.

http://archeryreport.com/2011/02/rev...r-lite-sights/
Old 08-26-2017, 04:45 PM
Typical Buck

Oh okay you have one of those deals. You may not be squared up on your setup, rest height not high enough or too low. It's going to be one of those things trial and error till you find the problem. Not looking at the bow in my hands I just couldn't tell you.
Old 09-11-2017, 04:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Without having a pic of you shooting and your description this is just a guess, but your anchor might be too high. You might try lowering your anchor and raising your peep accordingly.
Old 05-03-2018, 04:18 PM
Spike

Damon you have to set dial all the way to the bottom. Then your set up tape set all the way to the bottom. Lining up the bottom mark on the tape to the center of the dial needle. Then start sighting the sight at 20 yards. When sighted in at 20. Make note of what number is 20 yards. then work out to 40 yards. Note what number is 40 yards. what ever number is closest is the number you use. so say if your first number is 9. You 10. If closest to 1/2 way you use that number and .5 Same with the 40 number. Subtract those. Take the answer match on the yellow paper and use what tape it says. It is easier to sight in at 20 and 60. Take what ever numbers you get and subtract them. The answer is the tape you use. Leave pin at 60, and place 60 yard mark on tape center of the pin.