Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Thinking about new bow.  Whats the old one worth? >

Thinking about new bow. Whats the old one worth?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Thinking about new bow. Whats the old one worth?

Old 10-26-2003, 09:06 PM

Default Thinking about new bow. Whats the old one worth?

I am considering a new bow and was going to sell my old bow but I have no idea what I should ask for it. It' s a BowTech Stalker (less than 1 year old) and is in great shape. Shot by a little old lady on sundays...

Anyway this is what I was going to sell it with;

Stealth Limb Savers
Shock Wave Gel Stabilizer
Sims string Leeches
Cobra Phantom sight (4pins)
Droptine Whisker Biskit (with carbon and alum wiskers)
Camo kung fu grip

Can anybody suggest what it may be worth?

Just had a thought BowTech needs to have some sort of " Trade in your old bow on a brand new one sale!" (end of radio announcer voice).
Old 10-27-2003, 05:40 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Thinking about new bow. Whats the old one worth?

If I remember correctly the Stalker went for around $400-ish brand new. Throw in all those accessories and you are probably looking at around $550. But, since it is used and the bow market in general depreciates very quickly, if I were selling it on Ebay I would probably start out with the minimum amount that you are willing to accept for it. If I were in your shoes I would look for something in the $350 range though you could possibly get more for it. It depends on the time of the year actually. Demand is highest during the summer months and you can usually get more for it then. Now is kind of hit or miss with most bow seasons being under way.

Hope this helps.

Old 10-28-2003, 05:56 PM

Thanks.

I have a friend who' s husband was considering taking up the sport and I didn' t want to over charge them (or undercharge them) if they decide to buy it.

Old 10-29-2003, 05:04 AM

PABowhuntr is right. Now is not a very good time to sell. I have a 2001 Clearwater fully rigged on E-bay and I' ll be lucky to get $300. I also noticed that the Hoyt' s and Mathews sell higher & better on E-bay then the smaller bow Manufactures. JERRY
Old 10-30-2003, 08:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

Take the whisker bisquit off of it and it would be worth an extra 5 bucks... [&:]

Around here, seems a lot of late model used compounds usually sell for just a bit more than half their original price. Standard hunting type accessories like you' re talking about don' t usually figure into the price at all. Most people are going to replace the junk you' ve got on the bow with junk they like better anyway.

I' ve sold fully decked out bows for much less than their market value, just to get a newbie started. So, how good a friend are you talking about? An simple acquaintance you don' t really give a hoot about or someone you' d like to have for a hunting partner? If it' s just an acquaintance, shoot the screws to him! On the other hand, if it' s a really good friend... How much would a new hunting partner be worth vs the value of the bow? How much of a monetary loss can you stomach? That' s for you to decide.