HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-20/)
-   -   Looking at new arrows and need help deciding (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical/411567-looking-new-arrows-need-help-deciding.html)

kellyguinn 01-23-2017 01:57 PM

Looking at new arrows and need help deciding

In the market for new arrows and was thinking of changing. I have 3 Carbon Express Blue Streaks left. I was thinking about the Blue Streak RZ, Maxima Red, or the PileDriver Pass Thru.

Another question I have is spine. Going by the "adjusted" draw weight CE uses it says I should be using the 350's but going by my actual draw and the OT2 program it says I should be using 250's.

My set up is a 2015 Elite Energy 32 maxed out at 61 lbs with a 28" draw. Do yall have any recommendations on arrow, spine and maybe a place to get them built properly?

Thanks

super_hunt54 01-23-2017 09:08 PM

I get pretty good deals on shafts and components at lancaster archery. I do all my own work on my bows and arrows so I wouldn't know too much about built arrows. I do know they do quality work and at reasonable prices (if you can call what arrows cost nowadays reasonable). Drop them a line with your specs included and they will tell you the best spine to go with in whatever you choose. www.lancasterarchery.com

cjclemens 01-24-2017 05:14 AM

I would go by OT2's recommendation, rather than the chart. As far as shaft selection goes, any of those will do the trick for you. However, I think you should take a look at GoldTip. They make some really tough arrows, and I think they give you a lot more bang for the buck. Not knocking CX - they make good arrows - I just can't get past the price on some of them.

The best place to build them is gonna be at home. Get a fletching jig and learn how to use it. That way, they'll be built with the exact quality and attention to detail you require. Its something I think anyone can and should learn how to do.

On the other hand, if you just plain cant find the time, check out Pass Thru Custom Arrows. He did a couple sets for me, before I learned how. He specializes in doing custom crests on arrows. If that's not your cup of tea, he will fletch up a set of plain shafts for you, just the same. He does a darn fine job of it, too.

SecondChance 01-24-2017 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by kellyguinn (Post 4291589)
In the market for new arrows and was thinking of changing. I have 3 Carbon Express Blue Streaks left. I was thinking about the Blue Streak RZ, Maxima Red, or the PileDriver Pass Thru.

Another question I have is spine. Going by the "adjusted" draw weight CE uses it says I should be using the 350's but going by my actual draw and the OT2 program it says I should be using 250's.

My set up is a 2015 Elite Energy 32 maxed out at 61 lbs with a 28" draw. Do yall have any recommendations on arrow, spine and maybe a place to get them built properly?

Thanks

PM sent to you.

kellyguinn 01-25-2017 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by SecondChance (Post 4291704)
PM sent to you.

PM sent back

rockport 01-26-2017 09:02 PM

victory vforce

SecondChance 01-29-2017 07:15 AM

New PM sent.

hunterdave1277 03-29-2017 04:34 AM

For what it's worth, I really like the Carbon Express Pile Driver. They seem to stay more true during flight, compared to quite a few others I've tried. I got the best and tightest grouping with them.