Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 What would you like to see from mathews in 2004? >

What would you like to see from mathews in 2004?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

What would you like to see from mathews in 2004?

Old 10-22-2003, 06:44 PM

Default RE: What would you like to see from mathews in 2004?

1 or 2 page ads not half the freakin magazine!
Old 10-22-2003, 07:17 PM

IMO it is not in mathews best interest to market a dual cam bow. Matt gets a fee for every single cam bow made since he holds a patent on the single cam. Maybe this is why mathews has criticized new cam configurations. Look at it from a business point of view, Matt can continue to rack in the money on fees from single cams as long as single cam bows dominate the market but with companies like darton, hoyt, and merlin offering something different they are cutting into his fees collected on single cam bow. I am not here to bash Mathews, I own a mathews and I also own another brand single cam bow. This is just my .02 take it for what it is worth.
Old 10-22-2003, 07:55 PM
Fork Horn

A free sample 2004 model for me to have and to hold for the rest of my life!!
Old 10-22-2003, 07:59 PM
Fork Horn

I would like to see a different camo on the hunting bows, I like the xtra grey, but something new would be nice. Better strings and cables would be a big plus to. I usually just start out with winners choice to avoid alot of the string stretch and serving problems. Maybe a different riser design and a bit more parralel limb design. I am really fond of the q2xl I mentioned in my first post, and would love to see a bow of that design with the latest features, and whisper quiet with the speed of the black max 2. The only real problem I have had with the lx is that darn popping noise that comes from the string suppresors sticking to the string when you draw and would like to see mathews do something with this. This bow aims and holds steadier than anything I have tried so far. I agree with the fact that one bow company should not make ads that look bad for another company. This is one sport that we should all support each other in and the equipment we choose to shoot even if it is not your choice of bow. If I am lucky enough to have the bow I want, and the best the guy down the street can have is something used or half the price of mine, then by golly, I am tickled to death for him or her and the fact that they are out there enjoying this sport as much as I do. I am not in a mathews brotherhood, I am in an archery and bowhunting brotherhood with you all. . I am wanting to get a bunch of ideas of what you would like to see, so I can bug mathews to death with e-mails on the suggestions and hope they listen. Bhunter32.
Old 10-22-2003, 08:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Look at it from a business point of view, Matt can continue to rack in the money on fees from single cams as long as single cam bows dominate the market
I' m no expert on this , but I believe a patent runs out after 10 years which would mean that anyone producing a solo cam now would not have to pay Mathews any royalties. I' m not even sure that anyone was paying any type of royalties to Mathews to begin with? They weren' t the first to produce a solo cam.

My point is Mathews is a GREAT company. They could capture even more of the market by producing bows to meet everyones criteria! Surely you dont think that if they started producing dual cam bows that their solo cam customers would start questioning the solo cam? Do you?
Old 10-22-2003, 08:39 PM
CG

I still think they have yet to improve on the MQ1.....I' ve shot them all and the MQ1 is as good (better if you consider it is a 1/2 lb lighter than the current offerings) as any bow they made in 2003.....

Lighter has to be a consideration for Mathews this year.....Bowtech has lightened nearly all of their bows to under 4 lbs. BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT BOWHUNTERS WANTED!!! Bowtech has also made strides to offer bows that (on paper) should contend with the " quiet and smooth" advantage Mathews IMHO has always had. Now I shoot an MQ1 and I truly love it for two reasons....It is LIGHT and QUIET!! Give us some more of those offerings!!!
Old 10-22-2003, 08:49 PM

I shoot a Mathews Legacy but also own a and shoot a Darton. I have shoot and owned many differnt brand bows and am not blindly loyal to any.

That being said, I would like to see a bow that is forving, Axel to Axel of 36" and a brace hieght of 7" or more, but with the speed of the Black Max. I would like a Legacy with the ajustable let off like the LX. (got spoiled with 75%). I would like to see them drop the 2 page adds and take the savings off the retail price of thier bows. And why not a 2 cam Mr. Matt ? don' t think it will ever happen but I would like to see a 2 cam Mathews.

That is enough for starters I guess.
Old 10-23-2003, 08:18 AM

Give me a bow a hunter would want. High brace height, light weight, quiet without any doo-dads. I don' t need stuff that can get in the way, like string supressors. There are other companies producing fast, light weight, quiet bows and I' m sure Mathews can too, if they put their mind to it. The MQ1 was their best effort and ahead of it' s time. Since then, they' ve gone backwards in many areas in my opinion. Give me parallel limbs without harmonic things and string supressors, yet keep it quiet.
Old 10-23-2003, 09:12 AM

for hunting a souped up Q2XL with a little smoother draw, faster cam, and the roller guard & string dampeners.

for target a longer ATA version of the Icon with a solid wall & a little more speed. the specs would look like this 43" ATA, roller guide, 7.5" brace height, and a little less weight in the riser.
Old 10-23-2003, 09:18 AM

I' d like to see a Mossy Oak line-up. I would also like to see a different string, other than the Zebra or at least a BETTER Zebra string.

Quick Reply: What would you like to see from mathews in 2004?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.