Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Hey Pro Shops: Here's an Idea We Would All Love >

Hey Pro Shops: Here's an Idea We Would All Love

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Hey Pro Shops: Here's an Idea We Would All Love

Old 02-19-2016, 11:23 AM
Spike

Default Hey Pro Shops: Here's an Idea We Would All Love

Hey Pro Shops!

During the off season, when your shop slows down, how about this:

Build a tuning and work bench for your customers to rent by the hour. I bet tons of archers would happily pay $30 or more to tweak their equipment, cut their arrows, and just play around with their gear. Have a mandatory shop safety class with an exam that they'd have to take before they can rent the shop... and charge $ for that class. Then, have a reservation/sign up sheet. Customers pay up front for the reservation, with no refunds (this prevents no-shows).

Obviously it would be no kids allowed, and customers would have to sign a liability waiver.

I bet your customers would spend a lot more money on toys at your shop if they could come in and play.

Just an idea.
Old 02-20-2016, 04:23 AM
Boone & Crockett

Having worked in a sporting goods store that sold and set up bows I have to tell you there are a lot more guys out there that are pretty ignorant when it comes to setting up a bow than you think. It's not like in here where most of the members have some knowledge and some are up there with the best.
Yeah cutting arrows isn't rocket science but I'm sure someone would screw it up. But something like a bow press! I'm sure more bows would get screwed up worse than when they came from the factory.
Most of pro shops I've gone to in the past will tweak your bow and have an inside range where you can paper tune, shoot, or do what's necessary to get your bow in top condition.