Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 sighting in your bow >

sighting in your bow

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

sighting in your bow

Old 10-20-2003, 06:13 PM

Default RE: sighting in your bow

I' ll have to measure the two peeps. My pse has a plain jane rubber and plastic peep. The hoyt has a c-peep. I might have a bit of srting stretch so that might be one problem. I have about 1800-2000 shots on the stock strings. I would hate to find that my draw is too long. Both my Hoyt and Pse have been accurrate. I had 2 robin hoods, and 6 spiral cut carbons with muzzy heads last year. My PSE has blown off so many nocks and vanes I can' t count them all. I' ll also try measuring the peep height relative to one another and see what comes up.

Thanks
Old 10-20-2003, 07:41 PM

Since this seems to be jet mac' s post. Jet mac, not sure what you are looking for, but the gap of your sight pins is determined by the length of your sight bar and arrow speed. A target sight with a 9" extension from the riser will have wider pin gaps vs. a sight positioned close to the riser. The faster your bow, the narrower the pin gap. Since we don' t know the arrow speed, and humans have different body geometry, we can not tell you the gap measurements. I have found with newer faster bows that the gap between 20-30 is a smidge narrower than 30-40. 30-40 and 40-50 should be the same/near. Sight in at 20 and then 30 and 40 to see for yourself. I would start with an 1/8" and thru trial and error, you will find the gap. Good Luck!!!!

p.s. you set the sight pins for what distance you want.
Old 10-21-2003, 06:42 AM
Fork Horn

shinobi ,

Sounds like you have a set up problem. Your arrow rest should hold the arrow even with the hole in the riser. If you arrow is above the hole that is part of the problem. I also think your nock point needs lowered. I think it would be best if you started over with setting your bow up. The sight should not be in the way of the arrow.
Set your rest first (even with the mounting hole in riser) then shoot through paper to adjust you nock height. Once you get a good tear that should have those two problems fixed and should leave you plenty of room to move you pins down if needed.

Old 10-21-2003, 04:39 PM

Well I was finally able to recheck my zero. My peep sight had moved down the string maybe 1/4" . Doesn' t sound like much, but it kept me from even reaching 30yds. With the peep moved back I can get 35 yds. out of my 4th sight
pin. what relief!

thanks for the help!
Old 10-21-2003, 04:59 PM

shinobi, when I put a flatliner on my bow I had to have the peep moved up to get good clearance from the sight. My dealer moved my peep up 1/2" and I haven' t had anymore problems.