Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Help- support

Old 09-19-2015, 08:51 AM
RWK
Nontypical Buck

Default Help- support

Does any one, no of a arm support for holding up your arm while holding up a crossbow or gun. @ rotar cuffs and the won't operate bad ticker
Old 09-19-2015, 05:04 PM
Boone & Crockett

I assume you can grip and hold something and have enough strength to lift your gun/crossbow. You can look into the Primos trigger stick. It comes in mono, bi or tripod variant. Once set up you can raise and lower it about a foot or so by depressing the trigger.
Old 09-19-2015, 07:16 PM
JW
Super Moderator

I underwent rotator cuff surgery and the doc said no hunting....what???
Well I went to a monopod to hold the gun. My surgery was on my left shoulder and I am a right hand shooter. The doc was worried that if I held the gun in with my left arm the recoil would damage the left shoulder. I had told the doc the butt rests against the right shoulder there is nothing to worry about.
So - I shot one handed only for turkey hunting and have ever since. I bungee cord the gun to the monopod by wrapping a thin bungee cord around the forearm of the forestock to the Primos trigger stick. Once corded I adjust up and down to the decoy and then just set it down against the blind. When the bird approaches pick the gun up and you can pivot enough to sight in one handed very easily - gun won't jump one fired and if a second shot is needed you are still on the bird you can swing quickly. My left hand I just grab my shirt for stability. Worked like a charm.
But it did take practice.

I also do use it for a Xbow. For the Xbow I rest the forearm on the trigger stick as there is not much there to bungee to but it works.

JW
Old 09-21-2015, 05:47 PM
Boone & Crockett

I am having a similar problem with my grandson. He isn't strong enough to hold my Excalibur crossbow steady enough to shoot accurately. I took a good look at it and grabbed my Primos Trigger Stick. it has a "V" and a rubber strap. I set the back end of the foot stirrup in the V and wrapped the rubber strap over the top of the stirrup. There is just enough space between the forearm and the stirrup bracket for the strap to slide under. I tried it and it works great. Now I can get him practicing. My only concern now will be if a deer comes in that he doesn't bang the foot of the trigger stick on the tree stand and spook the deer.
Old 02-16-2019, 09:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

...Deleted by CalHunter...
Smells like a spammer

Last edited by CalHunter; 02-16-2019 at 09:44 AM. Reason: Remove spammer info
Old 02-16-2019, 09:44 AM
Super Moderator

What? No PM heads up? It was, it was.
Old 02-18-2019, 05:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

Sorry, wasnt sure and the post did not violate any rules. It just seemed odd.
Old 09-30-2019, 05:50 AM
Spike

What are the best safety devices to use in tree stands?
Old 09-30-2019, 01:34 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Danielneve
What are the best safety devices to use in tree stands?
Only one, your brain!
Old 09-30-2019, 02:47 PM
Super Moderator

I don't use tree-stands but some of the guys who do use them will likely come along shortly and explain about safety harnesses, procedures and practices. What type of tree-stand are you considering?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.