Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Ram cat broad heads? >

Ram cat broad heads?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Ram cat broad heads?

Old 09-16-2015, 10:38 PM
Spike

Default Ram cat broad heads?

Have any of yall used ram cat broad heads I'm thinking about switching to them looking for reviews?
Old 09-19-2015, 07:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, I've never used them, never seen one till today (on the site) and I would have to say nope to them. #1 reason is: Any broadhead that has to advertise that "if no pass through then it's okay because they are sharpened on the back" then that immediately tells me they have a problem penetrating.
#2: They have a serrated type cutting surface which by design will NOT penetrate as well as a smooth surfaced cutting edge.

What heads are you currently using?
Old 09-20-2015, 02:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

I kind of like the concept in theory. Worth a try IMO
Old 09-22-2015, 03:11 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by super_hunt54
Well, I've never used them, never seen one till today (on the site) and I would have to say nope to them. #1 reason is: Any broadhead that has to advertise that "if no pass through then it's okay because they are sharpened on the back" then that immediately tells me they have a problem penetrating.
#2: They have a serrated type cutting surface which by design will NOT penetrate as well as a smooth surfaced cutting edge.

What heads are you currently using?
Currently rage chisel tip and nap thunder head 100 grain but I jut got some helix 100 gr single beveled broad heads heard good things about single beveled but I was looking at ramcat's because I want a good fixed blade the thunderhead as killed every thing I shot but having trouble gettin to fly perfect every time
Old 09-22-2015, 04:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

If it's a true flying head you want that will drop deer as long as you do your part, you wont go wrong with G5 Montechs or Slick Trick standards. I exclusively use them both and have never had either one fail to put a deer or elk down as long as I did my part. They fly consistently with my field tips as long as my bow is tuned in perfectly.
Old 09-22-2015, 05:06 PM
Spike

If it's a true flying head you want that will drop deer as long as you do your part, you wont go wrong with G5 Montechs or Slick Trick standards. I exclusively use them both and have never had either one fail to put a deer or elk down as long as I did my part. They fly consistently with my field tips as long as my bow is tuned in perfectly.
Thanks bud
Old 09-22-2015, 05:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by BFritsch
Currently rage chisel tip and nap thunder head 100 grain but I jut got some helix 100 gr single beveled broad heads heard good things about single beveled but I was looking at ramcat's because I want a good fixed blade the thunderhead as killed every thing I shot but having trouble gettin to fly perfect every time
Do yourself a favor and try the thunderhead razors. The ones superhunt mention fly better than most as well but not quite as good as the thunderhead razors from my experience.

Last edited by rockport; 09-22-2015 at 05:43 PM.
Old 09-22-2015, 07:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Gonna make me try those now Rock! Not so sure I like having to use screws to hold in the blades but I may give them a whirl.
Old 09-22-2015, 07:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Gonna make me try those now Rock! Not so sure I like having to use screws to hold in the blades but I may give them a whirl.
I actually ended up liking the screw retention(no arrow needed). The blades break off before the screws fail and ive only had that happen hitting a steel post. Obviously not montec tough but pretty tough.

Perfect combination of cut,penetration,and flight for me anyway but you know how that goes.

They used to be called "nightmares" and NAP changed the name. I first ran into them at a going out of business sale for $10 otherwise I probably never would have tried them. I remember thinking "damn all the good ones are already gone" but they proved me very wrong and Ive been shooting them every since.

My 3 finalist last time I went to buy a bulk of broadheads were Slick tricks, Montecs, and Nightmares......I was actually very surprised when the Nighmares I dug out of the bargain bin ended up being the pretty clear winner

Last edited by rockport; 09-22-2015 at 07:59 PM.
Old 09-22-2015, 08:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sadly I am now about to open my final pack of the nightmares

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.