Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
broken shoulder anybody ever shot mouth tab >

broken shoulder anybody ever shot mouth tab

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

broken shoulder anybody ever shot mouth tab

Old 08-17-2014, 06:06 PM
Typical Buck

Default broken shoulder anybody ever shot mouth tab

I just broke my shoulder blade the opener is oct 1 don't know if gonna b ready any body have any experience shooting with mouthtab I do not want to miss opener xbow not an option till last 2 weeks of archery
Old 08-18-2014, 03:00 AM
Typical Buck

Look at the Kentucky Afield website. Tim Farmer shoots that way. He screw up his right hand and arm in motorcycle wreck years ago.
Old 08-18-2014, 09:14 AM
Typical Buck

ty parrot head
Old 08-18-2014, 03:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Does your state really not allow disabled persons to use Xbow during archery season?

For example, KS only allows 'general public' to use Xbow during rifle seasons, but disabled archers are able to use them (assuming their disability affects their ability to draw a bow) throughout the archery season as well. When I broke my shoulder blade and damaged my AC joint in 2004, I applied for a temporary disability placard that allowed me to get through that season with an Xbow.

If your state DOES NOT allow such concession for disabled hunters, then frankly, I'd get pretty motivated to change that.
Old 08-18-2014, 03:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

In watching of it:

1) Bow weight needs to be quite low.
2) Tab needs to NOT have a big melted edge in your mouth
3) Draw should be set up such that your tab pulls straight out, CANNOT have your bow at an angle to your jaw (you'll shred your cheek in a heartbeat)
4) Might have to adjust your peep height to match new "anchor point"

I personally wouldn't do it. If you find yourself with a mouth, tooth, or jaw injury from overweighting or creeping your cam, you'll be in a world of hurt. It's a big difference if you're permanently disabled, then you have to do what you must, but for someone that'll potentially miss ONE season due to an injury, it wouldn't be worth the risk of injury.
Old 08-18-2014, 06:29 PM
Typical Buck

no mercy I have never had a bumper crop of deer like this I got to get out I got prob 3 deer at 150 or better one possibly booner some how I will be out there
Old 08-19-2014, 05:51 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by matt068
no mercy I have never had a bumper crop of deer like this I got to get out I got prob 3 deer at 150 or better one possibly booner some how I will be out there
those 150s will be bigger next year.

Last edited by ojibwa; 08-19-2014 at 05:58 AM.
Old 08-19-2014, 05:59 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Nomercy448
Does your state really not allow disabled persons to use Xbow during archery season?

For example, KS only allows 'general public' to use Xbow during rifle seasons, but disabled archers are able to use them (assuming their disability affects their ability to draw a bow) throughout the archery season as well. When I broke my shoulder blade and damaged my AC joint in 2004, I applied for a temporary disability placard that allowed me to get through that season with an Xbow.

If your state DOES NOT allow such concession for disabled hunters, then frankly, I'd get pretty motivated to change that.

I just looked at the regs for NY and see nothing that will allow a hunter to use a cross bow if you have a temporary disability... THAT SUCKS.. almost every other other state does...
Old 08-19-2014, 01:50 PM
Typical Buck

obijwa that's ny state take way too much of your money and shove it right up ur ass
Old 08-19-2014, 09:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by ojibwa
I just looked at the regs for NY and see nothing that will allow a hunter to use a cross bow if you have a temporary disability... THAT SUCKS.. almost every other other state does...
Surely they do, I'd want to see something that tells me I can't rather than just not find something telling me I can.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.