Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
how do i change draw length hoyt rampage xt? >

how do i change draw length hoyt rampage xt?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

how do i change draw length hoyt rampage xt?

Old 06-17-2014, 11:14 AM
Spike

Default how do i change draw length hoyt rampage xt?

I have just bought a hoyt rampage xt, second hand. I am quite new to archery and there is no archery stores anywhere near to me. The seller says the draw length is 30in, but i am 28.5in, can anybody help me and tell me how to change it please? There is a small pin on the bottom cam in a hole marked 'e' is it just a case of moving this pin to position 'b' as seller says it adjusts in 1/2in increments and is adjustable from 28 - 30in. I bought it on ebay and i cant get hold of the guy now to ask him how i do it. All help GREATLY apreciated.
Old 08-30-2014, 08:17 PM
Spike

You will need to get the correct cam modules to change the draw length. Any hoyt dealer can get you the correct parts.
Old 08-31-2014, 06:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

The pin you're talking about is likely the draw stop, it won't change the draw length, it'll simply stop the draw at a different spot.

Hoyt Fuel cams (and RKT cams) have 3 adjustment methods, swapping entire cams (3 types/sizes), swapping modules (5 sizes), and rotating modules within the cam itself.

You likely won't be able to buy modules yourself, but can keep your old ones when you get the draw length adjusted at a shop. Often, shops will swap modules for free if they keep your modules, but not always. You may be able to find take-off modules online.

You MUST match up the module and position with the draw stop. And you have to verify your timing after you change such that your draw stops make contact at the same time.