Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
torqueless D loop >

torqueless D loop

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

torqueless D loop

Old 11-27-2013, 02:02 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default torqueless D loop

OK - What' everyone's thoughts on these? How many of you have used them and your opinions?
Old 11-27-2013, 07:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have made them, used them, honestly don't shoot well enough to notice the difference, and I like to think I shoot pretty well. First several I used were Catfish style, but I don't like the bulk of that love knot, so when I saw Griv's version, I started doing that. I'm not using them on my current bows just for the fact that I was lazy and didn't set them up when I bought the bows. Maybe I'll get on that while the wife is shopping for black Friday.

Part of why I may not see a difference is that I usually keep my release head level under draw anyway, so maybe I don't torque my loop much in general. Someone that shoots big time "Korean style" with a wrist strap release might benefit more since they might be prone to torque the D-loop. Shooting a thumb release, my head stays level no matter where my wrist goes, so torque doesn't happen. Suppose certain back tension releases would benefit too, I'm only now experimenting with back tension (not a big fan for hunting so far).

The jaws of the release you choose make a bit of a difference too. A standard D-loop is usually wide open and fairly straight where you take your bite. The Torqueless set ups usually want to close up on you a bit more, so a caliper with squared jaws can be more difficult to get attached. Making a little bigger torqueless loop (longer) can help, and making it tighter with a stiffer caliper serving can help it stand open.

If you have the bowstring (I never believed in using serving material for it) and the time to make them, no reason NOT to use a torqueless set up.

If nothing else, they don't hurt anything, and they sure look like you know something other guys don't, I always got a lot of questions about mine from hunting buddies and local 3D shoots.
Old 04-06-2014, 02:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am a real fan of them, they have helped me....if anyone wants a few to try let me know and I will make you a few to try out.
Just pm me here