Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Should I of bought the Legacy >

Should I of bought the Legacy

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Should I of bought the Legacy

Old 09-27-2003, 03:14 PM

Default Should I of bought the Legacy

I' m new to bowhunting so bare with me. I bought a Mathews FX and wonder if I screwed up. When I went to the pro shop he started handing me the different bows. I shot the FX, Legacy and another one. I shot the FX better and it felt better to me. The pro shop said buy what feels the best so I did. Now that I have it I wonder if I gave the other ones enough time. Also my FX is only shooting 245fps. Is this slow and how can I make it faster? I' m shooting Gold Tip xt 5575' s, 100 gr tip, and 28" draw length. Thanks guys. I love this sight and look forward to learning so much.
Old 09-27-2003, 04:20 PM

Default RE: Should I of bought the Legacy

Legacy is one great bow for sure. One of the best I have ever shot for hunting. Your fX can be made to shoot faster by twisting cables. I good pro shop should be able to help there. It does lengthan your draw some when this is done. I do it on my Icon to gain a few more feet per second during hunting season.
Old 09-27-2003, 06:21 PM

Is 245 fps fast or is it considered slow now days. I thought the AMO speed is what the average archer could achieve. Which Mathews shows 245 AMO for the FX. IBO on the FX shows 308. Can I get anywhere near that speed? I hear of guys shooting in the 280 to 300 fps range. Sorry for all the questions I' m just trying to learn.
Old 09-27-2003, 08:04 PM

i have a hoyt bow andis the same spec as the mathews 245 amo and 308 ibo iam shooting 382 grain arrow at 29 inch and 29 inch draw length with 67-68 pound draw and getin 274 and with 70 pound 284 with peep and two nockinng... to get more speed if you have rubber hose peep go with out and one nocking point
Old 09-27-2003, 09:01 PM

What is the current draw weight of the bow. If you are shooting in the upper 60' s then you should be getting more than that.
Old 09-27-2003, 09:53 PM

If the FX felt better to you, then you made the correct choice. The FX is a quality bow.

Your arrow speed is not bad, accuracy is the most important factor. You should be able to up your arrow speed but that should not be your main concern.
Accuracy, accuracy, accuracy.
Old 09-28-2003, 12:02 AM
Fork Horn

28" with the 5575' s 115 grain point and 67lbs I was getting 268. What was your draw weight?
Old 09-28-2003, 04:57 AM

For the money the FX is a GREAT little bow,that packs plenty of punch for whitetails !!!.Not sure where you got your specs from,but your off a bit.The FX is one of Mathews many 7 1/2" BH bows.ALL the 7 1/2" ers AMO @235,IBO@308,,not too bad for a bow with 80% let off.Very light in the hand as well.
Old 09-28-2003, 08:29 AM

xtremetj, to gain more speed you can do a few things. go up in draw weight,change to a 75 or 85 gr tip, if shooting with a peep with a rubber tube go to a peep with out or a no-peep, change to factory cable slide to a teflon slide, shorten arrow length if able. these are just some ways to gain some speed. Good luck
Old 09-28-2003, 10:04 AM

u can make it quicker by making your arrows a little lighter, but u are shooting fast. trust me, the deer will not be able to dodge the arrow. if u were looking for speed you should have looked at the blk max or a bowtech dually. they are shooting in the 340 range.

Quick Reply: Should I of bought the Legacy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.