Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Do you tie your own D-Loops? >

Do you tie your own D-Loops?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Do you tie your own D-Loops?

Old 07-31-2013, 11:41 AM
Fork Horn

Default Do you tie your own D-Loops?

With my recent continuous failure of my D-Loops, I have considered purchasing some parachute chord and installing my own D-Loop. I know there are plastic ones available that clamp on but I am really not interested in one. It doesn’t seem to be too difficult to put one on but was just curious how many DIY guys are out there or have attempted to put on your own D-Loop?
Old 07-31-2013, 04:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

doesn't look difficult..I need to replace mine soon.

What failures has yours had? Mine is on its third season...its still good but starting to fray..
Old 07-31-2013, 05:13 PM
Fork Horn

Ive made them in the past. They are easy to tie, but I always have trouble getting them short enough. Easy for me to pay the guys at the Archery shop $5 to do it.
Old 08-01-2013, 05:15 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Wilcam47
doesn't look difficult..I need to replace mine soon.

What failures has yours had? Mine is on its third season...its still good but starting to fray..

It seems like my release is tearing up my d-loops or it is the cheap quality of the material used by my archery shop. I have been through 3-4 d-loops in about 2 years.
Old 08-01-2013, 09:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by huntinboy1122
It seems like my release is tearing up my d-loops or it is the cheap quality of the material used by my archery shop. I have been through 3-4 d-loops in about 2 years.
That sounds like something is possibly wrong...I've shot hundreds of arrows practicing and I'm still on the same one. What kind of release is it? I use a truefire adjustable release. Ive only used a couple releases and they haven't torn my D-loop up.
Old 08-01-2013, 02:04 PM
Spike

There are different quality of string loops out there. I use first string USA they last long time. As far as being able to tie your own go on YouTube and search how to tie d-loop by Kenny parsons its pretty easy.
Old 08-01-2013, 08:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Parachute cord for d-loop? pretty huge cord...

Yes I do tie my own D's. Only real tricks I use: don't put the 'love knots' around the string going the same way (helps prevent the D-loop from coming loose, and walking around the string), and once you have your proper length, fire the ends of the cord and press them perpendicularly against a knife blade to 'flange' the end. That will help it from backing out of the knot. Also a really good idea to serve them in.

What release are you using that's chewing up D's that badly? I don't know that I've ever HAD to replace a D-loop. I replace mine when I replace my string every season or so (depending on how much I've shot), I don't take the old one off, I just tie on a new one.
Old 08-02-2013, 08:53 AM
Fork Horn

I have a Trufire 360 buckle foldback
Old 08-02-2013, 11:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

How many pins a week or year are you shooting?

What cord are you using for D-loops?

Do you feel sharp edges on your Tru-fire?

That just seems like an impressive amount of wear...
Old 08-02-2013, 03:27 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by huntinboy1122
The tru-fire calipers sometimes have burrs on the jaws and they will chew up d-loops and serving. A little fine sand paper will cure the problem. I had to do this to both of mine.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.