Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
PSE Draw Weight Adjustment Range >

PSE Draw Weight Adjustment Range

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

PSE Draw Weight Adjustment Range

Old 06-11-2013, 05:51 PM
Spike

Default PSE Draw Weight Adjustment Range

I am sure that this topic has been addressed before and a search could probably find it but I am new on here and haven't attempted to figure out the forum...so bare with me please.
Right now I am shooting my Fathers old PSE Fire Flight Express, Its specs show that it is a 60#-70# bow but he had it turned down some years back to 55# now. And that old thing is still quick even with the age..
Here is the question.. I am getting one of the DNAs in a few days and I want to be able to shoot 60-65# during hunting season and turn it back a bit (to about 55#) for target and some 3d in the summer. Does the new PSE's have about the same range of adjustments as the ones had back in the day?
I would ask a dealer but there is not one within 100 miles of me and they are hard to get a hold of on the phone..
Old 06-11-2013, 06:44 PM
Boone & Crockett

I bought a 60# PSE DNA in February. That bow is plenty fast and I love it. It will easily go down to 55# or even 50 if you want. Set at 58# and 28" DL it shoots a 425 gr arrow at 302 fps which is much better than I expected. I think you will be happy with the DNA
Old 06-11-2013, 09:34 PM
Spike

OK Thanks, that is what I was thinking but just wanted a second opinion. It says 10 turns on limb bolts and I have heard numerous time that it is about 2 lbs. draw weight per turn.
I can't wait to get my hands on one and get it tuned, The speed is one of the main reasons I want the DNA, and it's light weight, with a comfortable medium on the axle to axle. The Fire Flight Express I am shooting ain't no slow poke. 30" draw at 56 lbs. shooting Gold Tip 5575. @ 20 yards the click of the release and the arrow hitting the target sounds like the thump thump of a heart beat..
Thnaks again..
Old 06-19-2013, 07:16 PM
Typical Buck

He's right on. I am shooting a 27.5" at 63lbs (60LB arms) so I have mine maxed. I am not getting the speed in my vendetta that the DNA is getting, but with shorter arms I am still pushing 270fps and I have really not tried to get any super speed from mine. PSE are a great bow.
Old 06-19-2013, 07:55 PM
Typical Buck

Love my PSE. It's not the DNA, but the Stinger. Great weapon!!
Old 06-20-2013, 02:51 AM
Fork Horn

I have the 60-70 pse brute x and when i first got it, i could barely pull it at 60 pounds. I set it at 55 and shot for a while and with lots of weight lifting, i could finally get it back comfortably at 60 pounds. to answer your question, you can set a 60-70 pound pse at 55, but i wouldnt recommend any less. it probably wasnt a good idea for me to shoot it at 55, but i did with no damage to the bow.
Old 06-20-2013, 09:53 AM
Boone & Crockett

Hicks another thing to remember is that bows are rated at a draw weight at 30". If you have a longer or shorter DL you max (and also your min) draw weight will be more or less.