HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-20/)
-   -   How to get bow back in spec- Twisting strings/ cables (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical/379382-how-get-bow-back-spec-twisting-strings-cables.html)

wvdeerhunter22 02-26-2013 03:35 AM

How to get bow back in spec- Twisting strings/ cables

I have a Destroyer 340. According to the tag that came with the bow, the factory specs are 32 5/8 ATA and 7 1/8" BH. 70lb draw

Currently My bow is 32 3/8" ATA and 7 1/4" BH and maxed out at 66 lbs.

My new EZ press should arrive this week and I would appreciate any info on:

1) What twists, in what direction should I make to the string/ cable to get the ATA right

2) What twists do I need to make to get the BH right

3) What do I need to do to get the weight up to 70.

4) Also, I need to adjust cam lean slightly in toward the riser, am I correct in assuming the proper way is to add twists to the shelf side of the yokes

gun870guy 02-26-2013 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by wvdeerhunter22 (Post 4038741)
I have a Destroyer 340. According to the tag that came with the bow, the factory specs are 32 5/8 ATA and 7 1/8" BH. 70lb draw

Currently My bow is 32 3/8" ATA and 7 1/4" BH and maxed out at 66 lbs.

My new EZ press should arrive this week and I would appreciate any info on:

1) What twists, in what direction should I make to the string/ cable to get the ATA right

2) What twists do I need to make to get the BH right

3) What do I need to do to get the weight up to 70.

4) Also, I need to adjust cam lean slightly in toward the riser, am I correct in assuming the proper way is to add twists to the shelf side of the yokes

How old are the current strings and cables on this bow?

wvdeerhunter22 02-26-2013 09:29 AM

I got the bow in 2010 and they are the original strings. I keep the cams marked for timing and they have shown no movement recently.

bronko22000 02-26-2013 04:12 PM

IMO I would leave it alone if its shooting good. Your BH is higher than spec and your ATA is shorter but neither by much. I wouldn't screw with it. You may even be measuring incorrectly.

Nomercy448 02-27-2013 04:55 PM

The specs on the tag were measured before the bow was adjusted for your draw length. It's very common that the ata changes a bit when they time after a draw length change unless the tech is really anal about resetting to specs.

Correcting the brace and ata will relieve some of the tension on your bow, so you'll actually reduce your draw weight by doing so.

I ultimately have to ask, "why?" What are you trying to gain by resetting the bh and ata? Poundage I get, but the other? Who cares?

wvdeerhunter22 02-28-2013 06:07 AM

I ultimately have to ask, "why?" What are you trying to gain by resetting the bh and ata? Poundage I get, but the other? Who cares?[/quote]

I have the bow tuned to shoot bullet holes through paper, I have my broadheads hitting very close to my field tips, but to get that the center shot of my rest is at "3/4 of an inch, wich is not where most of these bows tune I am told. I need to adjust my yoke tune at the same time, this bow has never been as forgiving as I think it should be. I am hoping to get it in Spec and get better perfomance.

So I guess the why is just to try and eak max performance out of the bow,

I always thought a bow should go to spec with enough tweaking and I have always heard they perform best that way.....

Plus its febuary, there is nothing to hunt and I have a new bow press coming