Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Bow sights

Old 01-13-2013, 03:38 PM
Spike

Default Bow sights

I sighted In my bow about a week ago and I got all my pins to shoot dead on. I pulled out my bow this afternoon and my first pin is dead on and my other 2 pins are shooting real low.why were the pins accurate last time I shot but not accurate this time?
Old 01-14-2013, 11:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Could be a lot of reasons Logan. My money is on you dropping your bow arm or aquiring your sight differently. You wouldn't think that it would make a big difference, but some folks like to use the top of their pin as a reference point (I do this myself, growing up shooting shotguns and iron sighted rifles where you "lollipop" your target when you aim... it came natural to me). Some people plop the pin in the center of the target and let it float all over it.... which is really the preferred method, but sights are really just points of reference for YOU. As long as it works... good.

Other reasons might be (if the bow or the string and cable are new) is that the string is settling and breaking in... especially if it is a dacron or fast flite string.

Are your arrows and field points exactly the same? Are you POSITIVE your range is exactly the same?

Lastly, is everything on the bow tight?
Old 01-17-2013, 03:48 PM
Spike

I think the first time I shot my range wasn't what I thought it was, so that explains why I thought my sights were off. Everything is sighted in now and yes I do use the right arrows and field points and I'm pretty sure everything is locked down on my bow, but I will check again! Thank ya for the help i appreciate it!