Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Slick Trick or Shuttle T-Lock Broadhead? >

Slick Trick or Shuttle T-Lock Broadhead?

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Slick Trick or Shuttle T-Lock Broadhead?

Old 12-17-2012, 03:58 PM
Fork Horn

Default Slick Trick or Shuttle T-Lock Broadhead?

I have just purchased a new Bear bow and have been looking into getting new broadheads for my arrows...
The two choices I have come down to are Shuttle T-loc and Slick Trick broadheads.
I know that some people prefer mechanicals but I prefer fixed blade broadheads versus mechanical so when you say which broadhead please give your feedback on the two that I mentioned....
So which of those would you pick for your arrows....
Thanks!
Old 12-17-2012, 04:28 PM
Spike

Slick trick
Old 12-17-2012, 04:39 PM
Spike

Not trying to be mean but times have changed I would get rage or shwacker. The shwacker have an in flight diameter of 1 inch so even if they don't open which they will even through plywood it will kill the animal your shooting and those 2 broadheads are the sharpest I've seen g5 montecs are great too. For a fixed blade I prefer cut on contact tips.
Old 12-17-2012, 06:24 PM
Boone & Crockett

I have no experience with the shuttle T loc but I do with the Slick Tricks. The STs would be my choice. They have a strong steel ferrule and thick, sharp blades. And fly like a field tip. Now there are several models to choose from though. This is dependent on your bow set up. If over 60 lb DW then you can use any model with confidence. If you are shooting 60 lb or under I would go with either the Razor Trick or the newer Viper Trick. The reasoning is that these 2 will give you better penetration with a lighter DW.
Old 12-18-2012, 04:10 PM
Spike

close your eyes and pick one it doesn't matter. they will put a deer down just the same.
Old 12-20-2012, 03:32 AM
Fork Horn

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Justin94deerfarm
Slick trick
+2....not that long ago, field and stream rated them better than a muzzy.
Old 12-20-2012, 08:07 AM
Typical Buck

Slick trick. Get the advantage of 4 blades and fly great out of a tuned bow. I have been using them for about 5 years now and have no plans to change anytime soon.
Old 12-28-2012, 05:36 PM
Fork Horn

Slick Trick 100 grain magnums is what I have been using since 2006 and they work great! I have killed every deer that I have shot with them, none going more than 60 yards, 6 bucks total.
Old 01-01-2013, 05:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have only heard good things about the Shuttles, but the Slick Tricks cut a whole lot more fly great and are very tough. I cut clear through a big doe's spine, broke 2 ribs, and the head still spun perfectly. That was with a 60 # bow.
Old 01-02-2013, 06:28 PM
Fork Horn

for what its worth. i have taken at least 35 deer with muzzy 4 blade and currently using the mx 4 . with amazing success . most deer dropping within sight. my 210 pound 10'pt went 100 yards. i get awesome accuracy as long as i line one blade with fletch they fly like a field point. i've heard good things about slick trick as well. if you don't mind wasting money try rage . i used them for two years and killed a few deer with them. they were not more dead then with my Muzzy's but the rage were not reusable. and my muzzys have taken a dozen deer with sam heads . i either resharpen or replace blades but usually only need touch up. if it matters i use a mathews hyperlite set at 70. go fixed

Posted from Huntingnet.com App for Android

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.