Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
2003 Hoyt Magnatech ZR200 QUESTION >

2003 Hoyt Magnatech ZR200 QUESTION

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

2003 Hoyt Magnatech ZR200 QUESTION

Old 10-30-2012, 07:59 PM
Fork Horn

Default 2003 Hoyt Magnatech ZR200 QUESTION

I have a old 2003 Hoyt Magnatech ZR200 I have not been able to shoot becuase the sight threads on the bow got stripped out from changing back and forth sights.

I was wondering what is the best process for fixing this and what is the thread size on the bow sight threads not the sight bracket or should I send it back to hoyt its a 2003 so I'm not even sure they would rethread the threads for me.

Any help would be great thanks
Old 11-01-2012, 06:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sight holes are drilled and tapped to a standard 10x24 thread pattern. If yours are stripped out then I would suggest just drilling them out to the next larger size, meaning 12x24.

No sense shipping the bow back to the factory for such a simple task. Anybody with a drill and taps can do the job in 15 minutes or so. A local machine shop, possibly?

I would also caution you to use a little less force when tightening screws. These holes don't usually strip out from changing sights a lot. The threads get stretched from over tightening or possibly cross threading.
Old 12-16-2012, 05:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

If you go to a machine shop get them to install 10-24 helicoil inserts. If you're anywhere near handy with tools, you can order a 10-24 thread repair kit from Amazon. Helicoil brand costs more but they are worth it. Clean out the holes real good with acetone or denatured alcohol after tapping the holes for the inserts. Use red locktite when installing them.
Old 01-21-2013, 09:43 PM
Spike

You can also go pick up a helicoil kit and tap kit at your local hardware store too and there will more than likely be somebody who could give you the rundown about tapping a hole and installing a helicoil