Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

what happened

Old 10-07-2012, 07:53 AM
Typical Buck

Default what happened

this morning i was hold on a doe, hit the release and WHACK!!! looked down at my bow and the arrow was still in the WB and my peep came out of the string and was hanging by the tube. i cant figure out what went wrong. i dont think the tube was hung on anything, what ever it was it took enough energy from the string to keep the arrow from flying. ive drawn it back several times since and cant see what could have happened. man im at a loss, guess i'll take it to the bow shop tom.
Old 10-07-2012, 02:51 PM
Spike

Was the nock secure on the string at release? Maybe it dry fired.

Posted from Huntingnet.com App for Android
Old 10-07-2012, 02:57 PM
Typical Buck

it did cross my mind but why would the peep come out of the string
Old 10-07-2012, 03:07 PM
Spike

A lot of energy is produced without the weight of the arrow to absorb it. Better check limbs for cracks. The string oscilates a lot and could have easily thrown the peep. Good luck.

Old 10-07-2012, 03:16 PM
Spike

I'm almost certain it dry fired. Hope it's okay.

Old 10-07-2012, 05:03 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by wv4ever
Was the nock secure on the string at release? Maybe it dry fired.

Definately seems like that wwas the case. You have to make sure the nocks snap on the string. I had an instance last year with Bloodrunners. They were too wide and hung up on the front of my riser and pull the arrow right off the string. But I saw it and didn't release.
Old 10-08-2012, 11:23 AM
Typical Buck

alright just got back from the bow shop, everything is good to go. got home and shot 5 arrows and the peep came out again(not from a dry fire this time). since i watched the guy put it back in i did it myself this time. shot 12 more times and its still in place. is there a way to tie it in? right now it is sitting in the grooves of the sight, just dont want to be messing with it again, seems kinda scary splitting the string apart. it has string wrapped above and below it already.
Old 10-08-2012, 12:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

Maybe it's not "served" (wrapped) close enough to the peep?

Last edited by early in; 10-08-2012 at 12:41 PM.
Old 10-08-2012, 01:28 PM
Typical Buck

Hi early, yeah i watched a u tube video of a guy installing one and his wraps were alot closer to the peep than mine, maybe thinking the dry fire slid them a ways, anyway, was going to get some and wrap it closer, looked really straight foward in the video. just glad my new bow is ok. the $600 i spent on it was hard to come by, hoping to get a decade out of this bow, like my old one. thanks for everyones help, hope noone ever has a dry fire, it made my heart sink, especially with two does standing there looking at me. BTW, got your friend request wv, thank you
Old 10-08-2012, 02:24 PM
Spike

Glad it's ok. Tie it in and good luck. Been shooting a long time, never had a peep come out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.