Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Question for you ladies or husbands/boyfriends >

Question for you ladies or husbands/boyfriends

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Question for you ladies or husbands/boyfriends

Old 01-16-2013, 07:19 AM
Typical Buck

bronco, rubber surgical tubing or just pulling a lighter poundage will help the most. Push ups will help some but you are working muscles pushing away from your body, not towards it like you would when pulling a bow. Good luck to the young lady. HD.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:43 AM
Fork Horn

Shooting the bow is best way to gain strength for shoot a bow....
Old 01-23-2013, 06:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bronko,

Being as it's a Martin you should be able to back the bow off some more and let her shoot the bow she will end up with. If it has barrel nuts at the ends of the riser so much the better. Most Martin bows can be backed down to a point (about 10 full turns) that you can replace strings/cables without the use of a bow press. This also means that you can back the bow below the 35# minimum--most likely as low as 25#.

Now before everybody goes off sayin how dangerous this is or it will hurt the bow or whatever let me explain something. I've been a shooter for Martin for 8 years so I'm not new to their bows. Because of some severe muscle loss some years back I had to back off my one bow a lot so I could shoot it to build my muscles back, which took almost 4 years.

The bow in question was 2007 Nitrous cammed Pantera, custom built to max at 55#. I had to back it off to 27# at the time so I know it can be done. This was for a short time gradually building more draw weight. Remember, it's not forever and IT WON'T HURT THE BOW.

Give it a try. If need be PM me on the Martin Tech Forum. I'm one of the administrators.