Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Bowshop issue... >

Bowshop issue...

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Bowshop issue...

Old 10-05-2012, 01:55 AM
Spike

Strings have been sitting around for 3 years. Wax dries out in the string so getting a new set of strings is not entirely bad. I think I would pay the bill for the new strings and just never go back to that store. I wouldn't even confront them about it. Yes, ask for old strings back. Then contact Bowtech and explain what went on.
Old 10-05-2012, 09:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Not sure what Bowtech has to do with this whole scenario other than a way to jab this POS dealer. If I were Bowtech, I would stay out of this feud. It is not their problem.

If I were in your situation, I would have for sure retrieved the bow after the second "wait" telling them no thanks. But, that won't happen as I own a press. My second suggestion is to pay for the work and never go back.

You can order strings on line with very quick shipping. Lots of string builders out there. The fact that this "dealer" didn't have a string on hand is a sure sign that he is incompetent or not well off enough to afford an inventory. A competent dealer can replace a string in no more than 1/2 hour including tying in the peep and nock set.
Old 10-07-2012, 05:19 AM
Boone & Crockett

Strings have been sitting around for 3 years. Wax dries out in the string so getting a new set of strings is not entirely bad. I think I would pay the bill for the new strings and just never go back to that store. I wouldn't even confront them about it. Yes, ask for old strings back. Then contact Bowtech and explain what went on.
I did ask for my old strings back and what he gave me back was the string that was on the bow at the time I took it in. The cables as well as some other bow string that was not the one I had taken in with my bow. I did get my bow back and will never take it down there again. I have also told some friends about this bow shop. He sure as heck does not need any business from me. Hopefully the word will get out to even more as well.

I did not bother calling Bowtech as mention here that I do not see where Bowtech would have much say in it. As it will only be a word against word type of thing. So I ate the costs and got my bow back. Am i still ticked off by this? You bet I am!