Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Bowshop issue... >

Bowshop issue...

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Bowshop issue...

Old 09-09-2012, 07:36 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default Bowshop issue...

Hi All, I currently have an issue with a bowshop. Before I get into this let me explain how things have come about.. I bought a Bowtech Constitution from a fellow member here back in Feburary of 2009. This bow was built in 2008 and was in excellent shape and condition. He had sent a new string along as well as a few other great items. The string on this bow prolly should of been replaced a lot sooner. I saw no reason as I only use it for hunting. I will take it out and shoot it prior to our season up here other than that it is seldom used.

Now here is my issue. I drove around 1 hour to get to the bow shop to have the string finaly replaced. I called the shop and told what I had and needed the string replaced on it. I took the bow down and he had asked if I would mind leaving it for a couple of days as he had to get some bear hunters out. I told him no problem. Then I get a call last night stating the string was a used string that had a "D" loop in it. Now I had checked this string out prior to taking it down there and you can rest assured that there was no "D" loop in it period. He stated that some of the strands were broken and it was unsafe for me to use. What the heck... This is a brand new string that this dealer is shooting down. He sells Bowtechs as one of his lines of bows. Now I have to wait until he special orders one for me!! I am quite upset with this so called dealer. Has anyone else experience this sort of thing??? What would you do? I know I have to wait until I get my bow back!! But I will need that amount of time just to cool off a little bit..

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 09-09-2012 at 02:21 PM.
Old 09-09-2012, 10:40 AM
Spike

Sucks when you can't even trust bow shops...just like auto shops, etc. once you leave your stuuf to them, you're at their mercy...
Old 09-09-2012, 01:29 PM
Boone & Crockett

If it were me I would be on the phone with Bowtech and tell them about this 'dealer'. Tell them the entire story. And tell them the guy stole a new string from you and demand a new replacement string for your bow. Have them call the shop and get a new string on it. Bowtech can threaten him with no new bows.
Old 09-09-2012, 02:27 PM
Boone & Crockett

If it were me I would be on the phone with Bowtech and tell them about this 'dealer'. Tell them the entire story. And tell them the guy stole a new string from you and demand a new replacement string for your bow. Have them call the shop and get a new string on it. Bowtech can threaten him with no new bows.
I am planning on notifying Bowtech about this issue but not until I get my bow back.. If I thought I could get the string quicker I would of drove down this evening. I know I will never be back at that place ever again that is for sure. I do know a couple of people localy that could of put the string on it. I just couldn't get a hold of them so I went to this so called bow shop instead. Now I am kicking my butt for that mistake. I also could of taken a 2 hour drive to get another bow shop to do the work and would of had it taken care of with in about an hours time on average. I wished I did those could of right now though. It surely has me quite upset to say the least about it.
Old 09-10-2012, 06:55 AM
Typical Buck

I would go get my bow. Also ask to see the set of strings that you bought in for them to put on.

Then call bowtech on them.
Old 09-13-2012, 02:41 PM
Boone & Crockett

I am supposed to have my bow this Wednesday with a new string on it. Then I will ask about my other new string that was not put on it! I will be asking some pretty hard questions once I have my bow back. That is my first thing to do is have the bow before hand. I can hardly wait to start shooting iot..
Old 09-14-2012, 09:47 AM
Fork Horn

My buddy owns a bowshop that is primarily Bowtech and I an assure you that if you contact bowtech something will be done. They are very easy to deal with and have always been very helpful when I talked to them. Honestly the only complaint I have of bowtech is sometimes parts can take quite a while to get in...
Old 09-20-2012, 12:12 AM
Boone & Crockett

Well, it appears like another run around as I was supposed to be able to pick my bow up yesterday.. Now he says tomorrow night it will be ready as he had put a trace on the string and it now will be there tomorrow?? When ever this guy gets my bow ready I will be requesting the string I took into him for the replacement. He had better have it on hand. I most deffinately will be contacting Bowtech on this issue. That is for sure!
Old 10-01-2012, 05:18 PM
Spike

hate to say it but I would go pick my bow up without a new string on it and go elsewhere and get it fixed. At this point I think you are allowing yourself to get jerked around and screwed over. Cut your losses, notify bowtech and see if you get any help from them.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:22 AM
Typical Buck

so what happened? kinda curious

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.