Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
paper tune question >

paper tune question

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

paper tune question

Old 09-08-2012, 02:33 PM
Spike

Default paper tune question

I started paper tuneing my bow anf now have a question. I am attaching a picture of my paper. My shots seem to be high right. Is this a rest issue or a rest and spine issue?

Thanks for the helphttp:// <a href=http://s1262.photobu...er=0 alt=></a>
Old 09-12-2012, 06:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Ronin802
I started paper tuneing my bow anf now have a question. I am attaching a picture of my paper. My shots seem to be high right. Is this a rest issue or a rest and spine issue?

Thanks for the helphttp:// <a href=http://s1262.photobu...er=0 alt=></a>
The link isn't working for me, but we need more info anyway, Need the bow, draw length, draw weight, spine and length of the arrow and anything else you can think of.

Generally, there could be several thins going on. First, a high tear usually means that the nocking point is too high so you move that down. Take care of the vertical tear first. It may even help with the horizontal. The right tear could be a spine issue, centershot problem, or torquing by you. It could also be cam lean and can be adjusted if you have a bow with yoke
cable(s) on it.

Can'r say anything definite till we know the specs of your setup.
Old 09-12-2012, 06:20 AM
Spike

i am shooting a PSE Nova, its a 30 inch draw low 60's for draw weight and am shooting 340 spine Easton Full metal jackets. I dropped the draw weight to help with potential under spine issues. I have a drop away rest. the bow is a older single cam.
Old 09-12-2012, 08:46 AM
Dominant Buck

I tell you, this is what I found to be the best way to self tune your bow at home. I take 2 carpenter levels (because they prove to be straight edges), a vernier caliper, two clamps and a bow T square. Square up your knock point on your string using your T square. Then take your two levels and clamp them to each side of your bow using the flat section where your limbs attach. Then use the vernier caliper to ensure your arrow is equal distance to each edge of the level on either side. Adjust your rest accordingly.

I ended up doing this after several trips to different bow shops that always ended in disappointment and different attempts to get it right myself using paper turning. I knew there had to be a better and cheaper way.

Btw, one great way to sight in your bow is to stand 10' from your target on a level plane with your bullseye. Becareful of what's behind your target since at this range shooting through is a big possibility. Sight your pin dead on to the bullseye. This should work out to being approximately 22 to 25 yards out for dead on shot. I prefer only one pin and will adjust my aim accordingly.

Good luck.
Old 09-12-2012, 10:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

yeah...what the mouse said lol
just wanna be certain...you mean yer tare is high and right.
again, just makin sure, you are not shooting bullet holes?
yer pic does not load.
Old 09-12-2012, 11:15 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by halfbakedi420
yeah...what the mouse said lol
just wanna be certain...you mean yer tare is high and right.
again, just makin sure, you are not shooting bullet holes?
yer pic does not load.
Sorry, perhaps I got too technical. You shoot bullet holes when your bow is shooting at "0" degrees off of center. One way to make it happen is to uses a ruler.
Old 09-13-2012, 10:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

ohh..i was asking the op if it was a tear, or if he was shooting high right(bullet holes). cause if he was shooting bullet holes high right, wouldnt ya just move the pin?
Old 09-13-2012, 11:57 AM
Spike

The tear is high right. I do need to adjust my sights because i moved my nock point.

I wilk try the picture again.

Old 09-13-2012, 11:57 AM
Spike

Yay the picture worked!!
Old 09-13-2012, 05:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

is the pic backward? looks left.
get the rulers out.
looks like the tip is off to the left and the fletchings are a lil right. im thinkin yer rest is off by a mm er so? que mousey

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.